Turantula's and where you got yours??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was interested in getting 1 myself but did bit of research and found out they can be aggressive and the bite can be bit painful from prices i find vary 80-150? depending on size can be cheaper i think
would be funny having a fullgrown 1 at front door seeing alot of people freakout

amazing amazon sell them and i think they can freight them aswel but best to keep looking around alot of pet shops have them well the 1s i go into

goodluck

I would love to collect and keep some of the monsters we get up here but in the NT all tarantulas, scorpions and pseudo scorpions are protected. This is considered necessary as most are undescribed. We also cant import them into the NT although I am aware some people have/ do.

uhm it all depends on what type of tarantula yourelooking for, if your a beginner i would suggest a curly hair, theyre not aggressive at all although they do tend to be very quick you really have to entice it before it bites, yes their bites hurt as hell but if you treat it well and respect it youll be fine. im not sure where youre from so i dont know what they sell for but curly hairs are the cheapest of the lot , in SA youd pay between R20-R50 which is less then $10 so yeah

Hey Deyendran, We are only allowed to keep native species over hear in Aus...

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of my Sarinas mating...

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3291.jpg
    IMG_3291.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 143
oh okay, aqpologies, was not too sure what is allowed to kept, but if you still need help choosing a suitable one justget a list of what you can keep and yeah we will take it from the :)

Sorry boxhead, she ate her egg sac a few days prior to me taking it off of her this year... I may have some mature female Stents coming up for sale if you are interested?

I would love to collect and keep some of the monsters we get up here but in the NT all tarantulas, scorpions and pseudo scorpions are protected. This is considered necessary as most are undescribed. We also cant import them into the NT although I am aware some people have/ do.

Not true mate you can and I have imported to the NT all legal.

Not true mate you can and I have imported to the NT all legal.

Sounds great Dan, what specifically isn't true? Collecting? Keeping? Importing?

Can you PM me the relevant info? My missus has wanted a tarantula for years but all my searches and contacts with NTP&WS have come back a big negative. I really hope you're right

Sorry boxhead, she ate her egg sac a few days prior to me taking it off of her this year... I may have some mature female Stents coming up for sale if you are interested?

Depends on price mate

As this will be my first I waa more leaning towards a sling unless a mature stents is gunna be more forgiving for a newbie

Sent from my ST25a

Sounds great Dan, what specifically isn't true? Collecting? Keeping? Importing?

Can you PM me the relevant info? My missus has wanted a tarantula for years but all my searches and contacts with NTP&WS have come back a big negative. I really hope you're right

Sent you a PM mate.
You need a permit to collect and that is quite hard to get but an import permit to bring one in from another state is easy as.

Danny

Hey boxhead, noslings as yet I'm afraid and generally most species are fairly aggressive...

Love Tarantula's! I had a beautiful little Phlogius 'black presley' a few years ago, but it turned out to be a male. He went off his food due to maturing, so I sold him onto a breeder for rather cheap on the condition I could have a few of the slings if they were successful. At least then he was being put to wonderful use.

Never heard back from him though and by the time I asked him he'd already sold them all - very dissapointed as they a quite a rare species and in high demand. =(

Glad you put him to good use Vixen! Did the breeder sell all of his spiders or just the offspring from the Presley's?

I'm not sure, I know the slings definitely were sold and i'm 80% sure he moved on the adults too if I remember right. I made that guy a fair bit of money for nothing. =(

I'm looking at buying a phlogius cressipes from amazing amazon.really want a juvenile but looks like the best i can get is about 10cm leg span...

These are breeding like crazy!
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back