is my albino burm a morph??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as the hobby grows exotics will be allowed into Australia. probably not in our lifetime.

lol in comparison to most of the rest of the world our prices are so much more expensive, lol and like here its illegal to keep indeginous species so yeah most of our stuff are from overseas for example i have a pair of sanfire bearded dragons and correct me if im wrong i might just be but like they come from australia

Thats riiiight! Beardies are from Australia (you're welcome!). We're the complete opposite here, we're only allowed to keep indigenous species and no exotics... I would love to have some of the wonderful species that appear overseas...

Sarah you said we don't Import, only Export. It's illegal for us to export native species out of Australia.

Those Aus species overseas were either taken out before those laws came into place (like beardies), or have been illegally smuggled out at some point.

Sarah you said we don't Import, only Export. It's illegal for us to export native species out of Australia.

Those Aus species overseas were either taken out before those laws came into place (like beardies), or have been illegally smuggled out at some point.

Ohh I didn't know that! Sorry, I just assumed that all the Australian species in zoos and things overseas had been exported from us, I didn't realize it had been illegal trade! Wow.

Australian species in Zoos overseas are different, Zoos follow different laws and regulations, and zoos can get Australian natives from Australian Zoos (usually trade with our zoos), the same as our zoos have iguanas and burms etc that we cannot keep.

However the private keeping of tons of our native species over there originated from illegal animals. I'm not saying all of it, there's plenty of legal breeding too, and I'm sure lots of stuff was illegally exported long back and somehow found itself onto 'legal' books.

I'm just pointing out the law is that we cannot export.

Albino burms in Australia aren't as expensive as you'd think. They're definitely here. Actually, most exotics aren't as expensive as people think. They're not that easy to sell due to being illegal lol. Why would you pay thousands for an animal that could get you in trouble when you could spend it on a beautiful native and not worry bout it. And no! I don't sell exotics.

lol but with us in SA we're forced to buy exotics because keeping most of our natives are illegal and therefore breeders this side make their prices ridiculous. oh guys i recently picked up 3 lovely corn snakes will get pictures up soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Australian species in Zoos overseas are different, Zoos follow different laws and regulations, and zoos can get Australian natives from Australian Zoos (usually trade with our zoos), the same as our zoos have iguanas and burms etc that we cannot keep.

However the private keeping of tons of our native species over there originated from illegal animals. I'm not saying all of it, there's plenty of legal breeding too, and I'm sure lots of stuff was illegally exported long back and somehow found itself onto 'legal' books.

I'm just pointing out the law is that we cannot export.
uhm i am now officially confused about that but like i said alot of our reptiles actually come from australia like our beardies considering that we cannot keep south african beardies, aussie beardies are the next best

I have no idea about morphs over there but that is one of the most gorgeous snakes I have ever seen mate. Lovely stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back