ID before I release please??!!??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezmay

Reaction score
Hi everyone, had to move this guy before he was killed by sum backpackers at our resort....
anyone know what it is? Am bout to release it but was just curious, ta :)

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and sorry about the bad pic but i didnt wanna touch it ;) lol

Attachments

• baby snake.jpg
    baby snake.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 389
looks like a cornsnake to me, if im right its probably not best to release him but to hand him in to a wildlife park or something

looks like a cornsnake to me, if im right its probably not best to release him but to hand him in to a wildlife park or something

And after that's done you should take a trip to specsavers.

Hi everyone, had to move this guy before he was killed by sum backpackers at our resort....
anyone know what it is? Am bout to release it but was just curious, ta :)

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and sorry about the bad pic but i didnt wanna touch it ;) lol

Not touching was a very good idea.
I cant' give you an ID but I can tell you its an elapid

Thanks Josh

Last edited:

I don't know what it s but I know it's definitely not a corn snake. Looks nothing like one.

Shouldn't guess if you can't even see it properly, ID threads that aren't a game shouldn't be guessed at all.

Last edited:
just googled that northern shovelnosed snake and it does look like that.... iv never heard of them before and this is the first one iv seen here...

What size is it? I have seen blindworms up here with patterning like that.

I would Love to speculate and have a few ideas, but I can't say. It's a looker though!

well whatever it was, it has been let go again :) Was a cute little thing :)
I was only asking because I live at a resort and moving things such as snakes seems to be an occasional thing to do here!!
Thanks ;)

did you smack the tourists?
It's good to learn whats around so if anyone ever gets bitten you can decide if you tell the authorities what it was if you want them to live or not (sorry bad week at work!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back