anyone seen this bloke on youtube??? LANGUAGE WARNING!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shows that if you are gentle and move slowly snakes are quite reluctant to bite. I have no problems with this.

Perhaps Mr Blake can show us how swimming above a large stingray gently makes it reluctant to stab you in the heart?

Another news article waiting to happen.

Nope even when annoyed they will usually try and get away. Most people are stung by treading on them.

Pardon me. I was referring to the late grating Steve Irwin (tragedy, horror, shock, etc). Why was that footage destroyed?

Just shows that if you are gentle and move slowly snakes are quite reluctant to bite. I have no problems with this.
hey guys i'll give you a bit of info on mr brad blake, he is acually one of my good mates, brad and i have had 17 years of handling wild venomous snakes together, we were 13 when we first started looking for snakes around the country side where we grew up together. With an Eastern Brown being our first snake we caught. 5 years ago he moved to broome where he became a park ranger at some gorge over there, he has travelled Australia documenting and handeling snakes of all shapes and sizes and has probably handled more than alot of people on here put together, he knows what he is doing when it comes to handeling snakes and in his words " i find snakes are far more relaxed when not pinned down or held with tongs" in saying this he does not do this with just any snake. he doesnt do what he does to be famous or make money from it he does it as he loves reptiles.

I think everyone finds that snakes are more relaxed when they aren't pinned or held with tongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigbang
If he is a dearer mate as you say, then please talk him out of doing this too often as he will get nailed sooner or later, this I garantee.
I don't think anyones argueing that he is not very passionate about snakes, that much is clear. Plently of people already know that you can indeed often calm a snake to a point where you can free handle it but you are simply taking a hell of a lot for granted and it is simply Russian roullete. His choice in the end though.

My personal opinion and no disrespect intended, but the video and your mate promotes carelessness handling and herping BIGBANG.

i remember growing up with the mantra, "Look but don't touch". I think it can be suitably followed in this case.

Bigbang
If he is a dearer mate as you say, then please talk him out of doing this too often as he will get nailed sooner or later, this I garantee.
I don't think anyones argueing that he is not very passionate about snakes, that much is clear. Plently of people already know that you can indeed often calm a snake to a point where you can free handle it but you are simply taking a hell of a lot for granted and it is simply Russian roullete. His choice in the end though.
this was the first time he had ever free handled a king brown and he went out to do it that night, he had a nurse and a full first aid kit at the ready( not including anti-venom), i personally would not do it, he is not mad, insane, drunk or on drugs, it was a calculated risk he took with alot of experience behind him. i would never recommend anyone do this. i just thought i'd post it to see peoples reactions to seeing something like this.

- - - Updated - - -

My personal opinion and no disrespect intended, but the video and your mate promotes carelessness handling and herping BIGBANG.

i remember growing up with the mantra, "Look but don't touch". I think it can be suitably followed in this case.
everyone has their views on what they think is the right way, i'm not saying this is the right way, like i said i would never handle a venomous snake like this!!!

everyone has their views on what they think is the right way, i'm not saying this is the right way, like i said i would never handle a venomous snake like this!!!

While I disagree with with your mates philosophy, I agree with yours.

Brad good response and I do understand where here is coming from, just not so sure its the greatest idea to post it up on U-tube without perhaps an explanation like you pretty much have given here. What you said here would have made a perfect commentary to it and the video would have been far better received. He writes some nice tunes.

Last edited:
Brad good response and I do understand where here is coming from, just not so sure its the greatest idea to post it up on U-tube without perhaps an explanation like you pretty much have give here. What you said here would have made a perfect commentary to it and the video would have been far better received. He writes some nice tunes.

thought i'd post it and get responses before i gave background. and yeah not a bad back drop in couple of his songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back