Can you paint melamine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazzzylizard

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wandering whether you can paint melamine with that plastic stuff or whatever cause when I cut it I want to paint over wood chip and don't want hassle of finding exact shade of white and rather paint whole thing one colour

There is a roll of white strip you can get from bunnings, ive forgotten what its called but its what everyone uses to cover that wood end. There is instructions on the packet how to use it, you need to iron it on.

It's called "Iron on edging" it's in the same isle as the melamine sheets at West Gosford store.

Get the iron hot then put melamine edging strip on the melamine and put a4paper on top of the edging strip on melamine edge then start ironing . Let it cool off once its stick then use the file down forward repeat as u go or sharp chisel hope that helps

No cause on front I'll be putting struts of wood so that you can't see glass tracks so just wandering can you paint it

You'd need to scuff it up with some sandpaper to make it rough enough for the paint to adhere or it'll just peel straight off

If you look in the specialty paints section at Bunnings you'll find a product designed to paint melamine - it apparently has good adhesion to melamine, but I think the prospect of painting new melamine defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. It's never a good idea to paint melamine at any time.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back