Just a hypothetical question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbyy

Reaction score
I have quite a few questions that bug me constantly and some of them I can't find the answer to, so I am just asking here...I am hoping to use these answers a long time in the future but in the meantime I would like to know now :p.

Anyway...My question was how long can a hatchling python stay in a 20l tub? Till it's a Juvenile, or earlier?

what type of hatchling? the answer would depend on whether you mean a childrens, a scrubby, or something in between...

well for starters it depends on the species but i believe the general rule of thumb is if the animal is longer than the width x depth or width x height (whichever is greatest) then it is time to upsize the enclosure.

Snakes will grow at different rates, I wouldn't base it off till its this age or that. When it is getting to big to be able to move freely, then it is time to get a bigger tub.

what type of hatchling? the answer would depend on whether you mean a childrens, a scrubby, or something in between...

Some along the lines of a Bredli, or something in similar size. (like a Roughie)

Last edited:
Hi Sabohan, My Bredli Smiley is one week off 9 months old and about 90cm long and he/she is in an enclosure that is 60cmx50cmx50cm from what i have read he will be ok in here untill he is about 120cm long.So enclosure is half the size of his length hope this helps:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back