Cairns & Heating Systems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
Im soon to get my first every snake, very excited, so I've started to make prepartions of getting the tank and other such things. And I was wondering seeming I live in Cairns where its pretty hot, so like we don't really have a winter as such in that its mostly warm. I was wondering do I need a heating system for my snake, which will be a Children's Python.

If I do need one, what type should I get. I've been reading that hot rocks can burn them. So should I get a hot rock or one of those heating mats?

I don't know answer but if you have heating system use a thermostat because over heating can kill quickly

I moved here in December last year and didn't use heat over the summer for my stimmie. She would have cooked. If you're planning to feed over the cooler months, like you would for a hatchling, you will definitely need heat then.

I'm not sure about adults that won't be fed in winter. I gave my now 22-month-old stimmie heat over the winter because I was still feeding her, but next winter I may not feed. (Given that she is an Antaresia, she may not want to feed anyway - the adults tend to be very sensitive to changes in seasons and will go off food entirely when it's too cold.) I'd be interested to hear what other people do.

How old is your snake-to-be?

Oh ok so looks like i better get some heat for it. Im getting it from a pet store so not sure of the exact age, but i will be getting the youngest i can

i dont use any heat as room temp is usually enough in cairns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back