What To Expect, When Expecting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
So im in a week and a half I will be getting my first ever snake, its going to be a childrens Python im so excited. So i've recently just received my RWL and been doing research on what I'll need. Though im wondering could some of you experienced people out there give me a rough list of everything i'll need before I get the snake, as well as any other pointers you guys might have

first of all congrats on getting such a great species of python. childrens are great first snakes. i have 2 and they are great.

i'd recomend getting a care sheet for childrens pythons, just google it you should find a few.

then the basics
an enclosure
heat light
thermostat
water bowl
hide
critter litter
some branches ect so he can climb
a basking spot under heat light

good luck

If he/she is a hatchie, use a click clack till it's big enough to go into an adult enclosure or it might stress and not eat or something. here's a thread for click clacks. (sorry if you knew this)
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/guide-build-click-clack-dial-93266/

really helpful thread. ^^^

post above has essentials. and use a lock on the cage.

PM me if you've got other questions.

hope this helped.

A camera for all the photos your going to want to take :D!

Oh wow thanks guys so much for all the advice its been so good. Thanks Saintanger for giving me the tip of the care sheet, I've just printed one out and im just about to stick it on my wall as a point of reference, feel so much calmer now

And Bananapeel the link is so brilliant!!! Im getting it my snake from this pet store which I do know often does sell hatchys and I will be trying to get the youngest snake possible so that DIY Click Clack will defiantely come in any. I didn't even think that of course a young snake will be intimidated by an adult tank

Lol and Harvez I definitely got the camera, i can see myself being one of those annoying people who constantly shows their snake pictures to everyone haha.

For awesome care sheets try Dolittle farms. They got me well started, but always get more than one info source because in this hobbie there are few facts and a lot of opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back