My snake was dribbling??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinBrianT

Reaction score
So I took my snake out side yesterday, she is not used to being out side so I don't know if she was breathing more then usual? Anyway she started to dribble from her mouth. She hasn't done it inside before and hasn't done it today ( inside ) Should I be worried or do snakes sometimes do that?

Thanks.

If your snake had been drinking before you took it outside, then it is possible that some water came back up due to handling. Usually it comes up a bit thicker because it has mixed with saliva. Otherwise, a healthy snake should have a 'dry' mouth.

Dribbling is also a sign of a respiratory infection.

what temp is it being kept at i think all snake should spend lotsa time outside they need it

Personally it sounds like stress to me. Some snakes have been known to dribble when extremely stress out. If there are no signs of a r.i, I wouldn't worry yourself, just keep a close eye on it.
Maybe only take the snake out for a few minutes at a time to begin with.

Thanks Dannydee, she was out for about 30 minutes. She looked like she was loving it.
Not that anyone here is sick but can a snake get a "cold" from people? Just asking.
I'll start to look at what to do if it is ri.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back