Click clack idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had used these, they look pretty sweet with tight fittings and easy stacking, just unsure of way to heat more then one if stacked vertically.
8e8yde9y.jpg
eqeja7eq.jpg

They look ideal, the only real issue i can see would be the heat so trial and error i guess

hey, you could probs just stick heat cord to the back of all of them? that might work. they seem like a good idea in theory.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, you could probs just stick heat cord to the back of all of them? that might work. they seem like a good idea in theory.

I don't think a heat cord on the back would work during a perth winter. They get belly heat transfer from cords underneath. They don't seem to heat the tubs ambient temp a great deal in winter though.

I trialled a few of these, but setting up the heatcord was too problematic. Plus even on a larger snake ( was housing a yearling stimmy ) - if they were persistent enough, they could squeeze through the back area between the tub and side walls, and unded up underneath the actual tub itself. One of mine would do this every day, and I got paranoid it would find a way out so I so scrapped them.

I don't think a heat cord on the back would work during a perth winter. They get belly heat transfer from cords underneath. They don't seem to heat the tubs ambient temp a great deal in winter though.

You're the one who lives in perth, not the guy asking the question. He lives in a hot area.

You're the one who lives in perth, not the guy asking the question. He lives in a hot area.
Look where he is from before you act like a fool. It says the op is in perth as well :) So suggesting to use it on the back wont work.

Look where he is from before you act like a fool. It says the op is in perth as well :) So suggesting to use it on the back wont work.

Oh, my mistake. nonamesleft (above you) He has a similar profile pic as OP. Got mixed up.

I'm using those as nesting boxes this year, just cut a whole in the top and they work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant see how it wouldn't work, unless they got out like someone said. The only issue would be heat, i mean you could probably squeeze a heat mat into the bottom in between the tub and the drawer and that would also close the gap to stop them escaping.
Good find though!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back