Please Help! - Lost my Herp records from reformatted SSD - Can they be recovered?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe404

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kicking myself so hard right now. I reformatted my SSD but forgot to save my Herp records on my External Drive.
Is there ANY way I can recover them or am I pretty much screwed?
I've tried a few recovrery programs already but nothing seems to be working quite right.

Thankfully I remember their DOBs, when I purchesed them, and who from.
But as far as shed and feed history I'd be guessing pretty much all of it.

Please help.
Thanks guys.

Download and run 'recuva' by piriform on it. If you've used it much since you reformatted it then chances are pretty slim, but the sooner you run this the better luck you will have. Good luck.

On an SSD generally they are alot harder to retrieve than your standard SATA. There are some bits of software out there that could help, but they are not cheap...

When you say reformatted, what did you do? Was it just a wipe and you have a clean disk or have you reinstalled an OS or other software on the drive since the format?

Sorry I should of said I wiped the SSD and put a fresh install of Windows back on it.
The Herp Word Documents were in the My Documents folder of the previous install of Windows.

Sorry I should of said I wiped the SSD and put a fresh install of Windows back on it.
The Herp Word Documents were in the My Documents folder of the previous install of Windows.
If thats the case, the chances of getting them back are slim, but follow what Jamesss has said ASAP and cross your fingers

If I can't get them back I'll just have to try and go off memory. Can't do much besides that. Lesson learned though for sure.
I mean I doubt everyone keeps records but it does make things easier.

On a posative note though. At least one of my MDs has finally started eating again after two months or so. :)

On an SSD generally they are alot harder to retrieve than your standard SATA. There are some bits of software out there that could help, but they are not cheap...

When you say reformatted, what did you do? Was it just a wipe and you have a clean disk or have you reinstalled an OS or other software on the drive since the format?

If they are not cheap, you go to the bay where the pirates meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back