Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
I know you've all seen people holding their pet snakes before....so why not watch another one!!!! :D
Her name is LaQuanda and although she doesn't know it yet, she is my new best friend :)

[video=youtube;z2-HElniXoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2-HElniXoY[/video]

Nice. It's hard to go wrong with a BHP - They're all so beautiful.

She does calm down and act more civil after a few mins :)

I actually haven't had my Bredli out in ages, was watching your vid at work end up going home and getting Stella out (Bredli) did the same thing your BHP did was like ***. It was good to get her out your video kinda reminded me I needed to handle her some more. = D

PS what's with binkibandit lol ??

Do you find that's the best way to get her out, just go straight in there with no hesitation?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Do you find that's the best way to get her out, just go straight in there with no hesitation?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Thats how I approach all of my snakes. I have found that if I approach my reptiles with confidence no matter how aggressive or placid they are being results in less bites.

Thats how I approach all of my snakes. I have found that if I approach my reptiles with confidence no matter how aggressive or placid they are being results in less bites.

I agree confidence is important, but I have found one approach does not work with all snakes and sometimes what works with one antagonises another and visa versa.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Do you find that's the best way to get her out, just go straight in there with no hesitation?

with her, yes. The longer i leave it and just hang arround her, the more p*ssed off she gets. Its hard though cause she intimidates me :)
I find a glass of long island iced tea gives me the confidence i need! :D

with her, yes. The longer i leave it and just hang arround her, the more p*ssed off she gets. Its hard though cause she intimidates me :)

Looks like you are doing a grand job, It can be a battle of wills sometimes but hopefully she will come around to your way of thinking. I have a Woma that is calm as calm can be now but when I got her she was a right madam.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

the look on your face gives that away.......i dont own a BHP but when i got my bredli they were feral, male still is but female is good now, and i found the more tense you are the more feral the snake acts, calm and steady and very gentle and snake is calm, i still have to shut the door to the snake room when handelling my male cos if the kids are around making noise i pay for it.

If I went at my Mac that suddenly I know she would get narky, that's how I got tagged the first time. :D I go more gently/clamly with her now and also look for a time when she isn't wrapped around the stuff in her tank, provided she isn't looped through her hide or the rock archway she comes out quite willingly.

And YES I realise that a Mac doesn't compare for intimidation factor. :lol:

I find with my BHP he is so inquisitive, just open the enclosure and he will come out for a look around.
They're all different of course but usually he comes out within 5 minutes, occasionally it's 10. After 10
enclosure closed when I assume he's not interested.

How old is it?

this may be just me as i have all sliding gless doors on the front of my enclosures, but i think the snake will be fairly intimidated and threatened by someone reaching down to grab it without warning and this is why it is showing this reaction when initially taken out

How old is it?

i beleive she's about 2 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

this may be just me as i have all sliding gless doors on the front of my enclosures, but i think the snake will be fairly intimidated and threatened by someone reaching down to grab it without warning and this is why it is showing this reaction when initially taken out

i agree about the cage. I hate that it doesn't have glass sliding doors. It was one of the first Reptile One viv's that came on the market. she wont be in there forever as she will be too big for it soon. The next one will have sliding doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back