spotted childrens or stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG cathy... that thing is FUN SIZE!!! HOW CUTE IS IT

I nearly fell of my chair when i saw the 50c pic!!!!

I understand it has been massivly underfed, but is in capable hands now!

That 50c would make any man feel big :)

OMG cathy... that thing is FUN SIZE!!! HOW CUTE IS IT

I nearly fell of my chair when i saw the 50c pic!!!!

I understand it has been massivly underfed, but is in capable hands now!

That 50c would make any man feel big :)

i think is suffers small snake syndrome just like small dog syndrome. which causes one to attack anything bigger than oneself lol
it has a big chip on its shoulder
Cathy

It is little and it probably wasn't handled much if it was also not being looked after. I have found they tend to loose the nastiness when they grow up. Small snake syndrome... bit like small dog syndrome. Patience and be mindfull of it's current attitude

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I was beaten

Deffinatly a mac, they are small snakes to begin with and it sounds like its malnourished so with a few more feeds you should start to see a bit of size

- - - Updated - - -

Deffinatly a mac, they are small snakes to begin with and it sounds like its malnourished so with a few more feeds you should start to see a bit of size

Antaresia maculosa... Spotted python :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, yeah it's smaller than I thought. I'd be feeling pretty evil if I was underfed that much too! :lol:

wow that snake is tiny. Yeah looks like a spotted.
Keep it nice and warm and perhaps cover up sides of enclosure to make it darker for him. I would be feeding it a pinky mouse every 5 days especially with summer coming you should be able to get some size on the little feller

Got a gorgeous one there. My Spotted/Mac has bitten me 4 times in the 9 months I've had her and not for ages now. Once was a feeding hit because I was still learning about feed size and frequency and the other three were my fault for startling her again learning the ropes of how to move around her in her tank and how to get her out of the tank. Otherwise she is the most placid well natured little thing... 1.2m at 22 months old.

Good luck adjusting his demeaner and getting him up to a respectable size, it's always nice reading about a snake finding a good home.

I thought earlier the snappiness sounded like hunger but as you didn't mention wrapping around your hand when she hit your fingers I thought it might have been just a narky little number. Hopefully she settles right down once she gets into a feeding pattern with you.

seems alot calmer now i managed a feed down her

Cathy
Great to here.
Hopefully she'll get the gist and continue feeding, which hopefully will settle her down and make her more amenable to handling. She's a gorgeous little thing though. Keep up the great work. So good when you hear snakes being reared back to health by someone who really cares. Good on you.

Just to show you how lovable Macs can be Cathy, here is a pic from yesterday chilling out for 3/4 of an hour or so with Skittles. I have similar pics of my 10 year old daughter and my 12 year old son. She loves using Skye's pony tail as a climbing branch.

P9230001.JPG
There are a heap more pics on my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back