Unfortunate find

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomasssss you should get yourself a napkin, cause you just got served.

Hahaha i love Bluetongue1

He is like an angel of kindness and courtesy flying around the school yard, keeping kids out of trouble. BUT don't mess with him or he will smite yo *** :)

I have 2 theories.
1. Mafia as there was no use of lime to conceal the body and the head has been removed to post to relatives.
2. I'll leave this one out as it may offend.

Why do people bother going into a National park if they can't respect the wildlife? I thought that people would be excited to see something like this? I don't know how many snakes I've stepped over, sat next to, had fly across in front of me etc etc....but never had a single problem because I left it alone and allowed it to go about its business unimpeded. Geeez people make me mad at times.

I got a call yesterday from a guy asking me how he can kill a snake...
I told him to leave it alone and maybe it will die of old age, told him it was illegal to kill, blah blah the usual stuff, he asked me about traps and what baits to put in snake traps...
i told him that it was illegal for him to trap a snake or use a live mouse as bait..
he got huffy,,,I got huffier
and the phonecall disintergrated into a a messy free for all,
Luckily i got his address before the conversation had gotten out of control and his phone number..
This mentality is still very prevalent in every walk of life and there will always be someone out there who will kill out of ignorance and fear.

Looks like the snake is not the only one to have lost its head in this thread...

Sad thing to happen as it looked like a beautiful specimen.

I got a call yesterday from a guy asking me how he can kill a snake...

What a prat! I can't believe someone would call a "relocator" which, by it's very name, CLEARY means "snake butcherer" (with apologies to he-who-must-not-be-named for stealing his unofficial trademark), to ask how to kill a snake! Unfortunately, there seems to be little hope for some people...

As I stated at the start, I could see fairly well what had happened from marks in the sand. I can't be 100% as I wasn't there. but I know of few animals that will decapitate a snake and leave the body (often owls decapitate things for example). Would have to have been a huge cat to take down this size snake. I doubt a fox would eat the head a leave the rest. The place is crawling with foxes i saw a fox with what i think was a swamp rat the night before and a fox with a swamp hen the night before that. I don't see why it would leave the body. so never know. there is so many fox tracks around couldn't tell if they were from that night or the one before.

Gus

Haha, Blue. You're an amazing writer and noone could retaliate back at what you said.
Honestly though. Who has ever seen a snake see a human then decide to just bite it. They move away! (unless the need to defend them self arises - which I may add is most always the humans dumb fault) Some of us may need to learn a thing or two from these snakes. Some people also need to adapt to control their own body temperature, to stop their blood boiling at the slightest..... comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back