Rough Scaled Pythons size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What size do these pythons grow to? I have one over 5 feet long and around 3 kgs.

Can I expect her to grow any bigger, she turns 3 in December.

I also have a male that is the same age but only 4 foot long and 1.3kgs.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
To clarify, they are both Rough-scaled pythons?

Are they housed and fed separately?

- - - Updated - - -

According to 'A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia' total length of a Rough-scaled python is 2 metres, which is over 6 feet.

Last edited:
Generally they get to around 1.5 give or take a bit, with males being smaller. They can get to 2 meters but this is quite large not uncommon though. Your female may grow a bit more as might the male but different specimens will reach different lengths.

To clarify, they are both Rough-scaled pythons?

Are they housed and fed separately?

- - - Updated - - -

According to 'A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia' total length of a Rough-scaled python is 2 metres, which is over 6 feet.

Yes both are RSP's, housed separately. The female eats year round, while the male refuses food during the winter months (Victoria) which would probably explain the current size difference.

It's quite normal for snakes not to eat over the colder months. I wouldn't worry about the size difference.

Yeah Im not worried about his size, he eats fine in the warmer months and doesn't really lose any conditioning.

Just to be on the safe size I think you should give them to me to look after ;):D!!!

You are a lucky person Chris as I would love to have one RSP let alone 2!!! Oh to dream!!! One day I will!!! Any Pic's so I can see my future... I mean your lovely RSP's please?!?!

Just to be on the safe size I think you should give them to me to look after ;):D!!!

You are a lucky person Chris as I would love to have one RSP let alone 2!!! Oh to dream!!! One day I will!!! Any Pic's so I can see my future... I mean your lovely RSP's please?!?!

The first two were taken over two years ago while still tiny....

Attachments

• lil 2.jpg
    lil 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Lil 1.jpg
    Lil 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 90
  • lilly.jpg
    lilly.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg