anyone feed wild rabbits????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mate i knew sombody would have a difinative answer about it, i knew they were nasty little buggers an wasnt sure if freezing would kill it, i used to come across the cysts inside the gut cavitey attached to the spine, or sometimes you would feel the cyst on the back legs, do you have a photo of it? maybe we should put a pic up to let everyone that doesnt know about it, what hydatid cysts look like, i can only describe them as golfball sized pouches of water like fluid that if popped is full of little white seed like things which are larvie........not a very good description

- - - Updated - - -

mate i'm not as dumb as i look.......i was waiting for someone that knew exactly what i was talking about to reply

No need for the aggression.

There is a parasite rabbits get called hydadis which from what I understand is a type of worm which can be fatal if transferred to humans and other animals if ingested this can usually only be found if the rabbit is gutted cos it's usually inside attached to the spine sometimes found on the back legs, do you feed them the rabbits gutted or cleaned?

We call those worbles over here. Nasty, pus filled boil like things.

I wouldn't feed any of my animals wild. I've heard of some that do. And like posted earlier they eat in the wild.

I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back