Got my first snake today :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt196

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Pretty happy, I've wanted a snake for many years!

Still not sure what her name should be, I'm thinking Holly!

She is an 18mth old stripped jungle, I already adore her lol..

Do you guys think Jungles are good first snakes or what is your viewpoint on that?

Anyways, Very happy will update the post with some pictures after she settles in.

Congrats! Can't wait for the pics! From what I have read Jungles can be quite snappy when young but you should be alright.

Congrats! Lucky you! i get mine next year. a woma. as mentioned by sabohan they are often regarded as being quite snappy when young but with regular handling - once settled in - she should get to know you and should be fine. but snakes do bite on occasions which is just normal.
Can't wait for pics!

From my own experience i would say that there not. my male is very snappy and will bite when ever he gets the chance and also is abit of a strugle to get him to eat, he will strike at me for 30 or so minutes before he will go for the food (thats if he goes for it) but not all are the same from what i have heard.

Good luck by the way.

397244_10151095151447997_1003611330_n.jpg

I took one for you guys :)

she looks nice mate

From my own experience i would say that there not. my male is very snappy and will bite when ever he gets the chance and also is abit of a strugle to get him to eat, he will strike at me for 30 or so minutes before he will go for the food (thats if he goes for it) but not all are the same from what i have heard.

Good luck by the way.
why dont ya try showing him the food once then leave the rat in the enclosure, it will find it itself,

Let it settle in for a week or so. Keep an eye on the temps. After the week, handle once every other day or so for about 15 mins. Be prepared for a tag or two. Don't give up, be persistent and it should calm down for ya.

Try and get it on rats not mice. Again be persistent and don't give in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I started off with a jungle it was about 2 months when I got it was tiny and only got bitten in the first 2 days and never missed a feed till I went to rats.
Couldn't of asked for a better snake IMO
goodluck

I had a choice between two Jungles from the same clutch - born on the 29/01/12.
One was defensive and snappy, the other was placid as. Being only my third Snake, I decided on the tame one. It doesn't matter though if it's a Childrens or a Scrub... Every individual Snake has it's own personality.
I got him/her (unsexed) on 8th of July - Has never missed a feed since I've had it.
It's at least 2 1/2ft, closer to 3ft I'd say actually. Not even 9 months old yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back