Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was posing so it was a good opportunity to grab a photo. He's simply the best monitor, really good natured & loves a big feed :)

IMG_0110.jpg

He was posing so it was a good opportunity to grab a photo. He's simply the best monitor, really good natured & loves a big feed :)

IMG_0110.jpg

It's claws like that which make up part of the reason as to why they aren't a suitable first monitor!

Beautiful animal CHRI5! He looks proud as punch ha ha.

It's claws like that which make up part of the reason as to why they aren't a suitable first monitor!

Beautiful animal CHRI5! He looks proud as punch ha ha.

Cheers Blake. Their claws can mess up your arms if you're not careful, good long gloves are a must.

Most don't understand how strong Varanids are either. Every precaution is necessary!

with that in mind, how much effort should be made to tame one? on the one hand I'd like to be able to handle my bells (way to skittish at the moment), but on the other hand I don't want it "too" tame, so it acts as a reminder for me that they can be dangerous and I need to take precautions - opinions?

murevunu.jpg

That lil fella was a nile monitor that my girlfriend rescued from horrible conditions. He was in a 10 gal tank, carpet for substrate, no basking light, a heat mat and a mirror! The mirror was in there so "he wouldn't be lonely"!

We held on to him until we found him a better home, as I do not have the room for a full grown nile.

(Edit for stupid auto correct)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Just finished looking through this entire thread and have seen some amazing monitors.
Props to you crocdoc for your stunning Lacey's. Just a general question as November is coming up how many people have hatchys for spencers and sandy's coming up?

Thanks! What a coincidence, as I was about to post some photographs and saw your post.

Some monitor foreplay, caveman style. Put your meaty paw on her head to hold her down so you can check her out with a tongue-flick. Nooice! Such style.

"Hey, how YOU doin?"
146824841.jpg

More gentle approach
146824925.jpg

146824927.jpg

146824926.jpg

^^ very true indeed she looks to be enjoying the pampering, well besides the whole head being squished lol ;), such great monitors crocdoc are they the only 2 adults u have?, Alex and Nelish i think?

Last edited:
Back