Olive or Water Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another case of you should have realized what you were getting before you bought it. If you didn't even know what species you were getting, how could you know how to keep a snake that will grow over 3m. The underbelly should be a dead give away, and Waters have a shiny sheen when in sunlight. Hopefully for you it is an Olive, but next time be 100% certain before buying.

Last edited:
Olives are drab poo brown whilst Waters have an amazing rainbow sheen and bright Yellow(Qld) or Orange(NT) bellies.... My Qld Water is a placid "hand to children" snake... [ This is a pro- Water Python post as someone needs to stick up for them]

I don't think anyone was ripping on Water Pythons just that like Jungles they are known to not be so easy going in the majority. Then again people tell me Macs are snappy and based on mine I just don't see how they get the rep. Water Pythons are certainly stunning snakes regardless of temperament.

Call me biased but I think water pythons and olives are prettier than others in their own way and are both and are not as appreciated or undervalued compared to other species

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont you just post a picture it would be alot easier than people having a guess without evening seeing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back