Is AstroTurf(Fake Grass) safe to use ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXExplodexX

Reaction score
I'm sick of using newspaper as you have to nearly clean it each day. So i just wanna make sure it is safe. When do you have to change a new one ?

Is astroturf safe to use ? Because i'm gonna have on side coverd in kritter's crumbe and the other just normal with astroTurf

The short answer... YES!

I use it and like it a lot. I have a spare piece for when I clean the tank out and just rotate them. Hose them off with hot water in the shower recess and good to go once dry.

i use marine carpeting. looks very nice in the enclosure , but with the turf have to be careful with the under side some can be very course and can harm the snake if they decide to burrow underneath it. the marine carpet is great to clean i just take it out and hose it. an hour on the line and its good as new

I use astro turf,
I interchange as Gruni says, Go for the shorter lengths ( as in height of the grass)
I've found the longer ones not as easy to clean and are a bit rougher.

I also cut mine to fit really snug in the botom of my tank and with the decorations added to that Skittles has never even tried to get under it.

My BHP is always under his, that's his bedroom and exploring area.
That's why I prefer the shorter "grass" for him as the backing is rubber stuff
whereas the longer grass is more of a grid style which is not as good.

hey found this info very useful as ive been told a few times that astro turf is actually not a good substr4ate for my snake :)

I use both astro turf and marine carpet in my enclosures and have a spare one of each to rotate when cleaning out enclosures as easy to just hose down and disinfect spray with f10 and just let them dry in the sun

Astro turf is fine to use..... as long as you dont try to smoke it (a bit harsh) ;)

I also cut mine to fit really snug in the botom of my tank and with the decorations added to that Skittles has never even tried to get under it.

My MDP lives under it :lol: I dont know why I bothered making him a hide :rolleyes::lol:

hey found this info very useful as ive been told a few times that astro turf is actually not a good substr4ate for my snake :)

Never believe everything you're told, cipher out the stuff that makes sense.
Also depends on what sort of snake you have (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back