this person is trying to purchase a children's python illegally?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to have a license for my stimsons python because I only have the one. If I wanted to get more or to sell her legally I would need one though. Not all states have the same rules so some people could be perfectly within their right to get a single reptile without a permit (I live in SA btw.)

Sanna, Think you'd best check that, you may not need a licence as such however you still need a companion permit - same difference just a lot cheaper. Your animal still needs to be on the register...

Sanna, Think you'd best check that, you may not need a licence as such however you still need a companion permit - same difference just a lot cheaper. Your animal still needs to be on the register...

Trust me, I have checked this. When I was told by the reptile store that I wouldn't need a license since it is my only animal on the basic list I double checked with the South Australian Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Fauna Permits
- "A permit is not required to keep 1 individual, however the sale or disposal of that individual animal would require a permit."

There is no such thing as a companion license in SA...what I have now is perfectly legal. If I ever wanted to get anything else on the basic list I would get a permit, until then I don't see why I should.

Sanna is definitely correct on that one. In SA and you can keep a single basic list reptile without a licence, until you want to re home it, even as a gift, only then is a basic keep and sell required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back