snakes skin peeling?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilez123

Reaction score
my darwin carpet has skin peeling only on the bottum of him it looks like the skin that peels off on your fingers anything wrong?

im sure you probanly took this into consideration, but like the only possible reason i can think of is that it might be shedding, sorry if my reply is rather obvious

thanks mate i was thinking that but wanted re assurance cause this is my first time owning a python
im sure you probanly took this into consideration, but like the only possible reason i can think of is that it might be shedding, sorry if my reply is rather obvious

Maybe give him a light spray with warm water/ and the enclosure too. If its coming off on your hand he may need more humidity?

my darwin carpet has skin peeling only on the bottum of him it looks like the skin that peels off on your fingers anything wrong?

Hi Reptilez,

When a snake sheds, the skin should be coming off like a sock. Could you clarify if it is happening like this or if it is just singular scales?

its like not even full scales its tiny flakes of peeling off much like the skin that peels off our fingers when we get a cut

its like not even full scales its tiny flakes of peeling off much like the skin that peels off our fingers when we get a cut
Any chance of a picture of the snake and the belly scales where they are peeling? Might help us to see whats going on in a bit of a clearer picture.

i couldnt get a picture he kept moving and my camera sucks at focusing but its mostly around the top part of the body

this is the 3rd post today of someone explaining the same condition... 0_o odd??

^^ +1
As i mentioned in the thread "shedding belly scales" our childreni sorta went through the same thing with flaky skin plus browny red marks, theres also a pic of his belly in the thread. Its abit weird whats goin on but as i also said his belly was back to normal after he shed. hopefully it is just coincidence.

Depending on what you mean by flakey and there are no open sores or blisters, hopefully it should clear up in his next shed. If you do see any other symptoms that you are not happy about or if your snake seems like it os distressed, it would be best you get him to a reptile vet if you can.

We can only comment on what we think it is, not what we know it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back