Carpet python help please people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coxinha23

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could help my pet Trevor he is a 4 year old python and usually really healthy although for the past 4 months he hasn't wanted to eat and i'm aware in winter they hibernate and can go without food for a long time so i wasn't too worried until i saw a lump on his nose... He isn't shedding as he usually gets milky eyes but i have noticed his poo looks like little cocoons which is really abnormal so if anybody has any ideas as to what might be happening that would be a great help! We also have moved him from a tank inside to outside which happened about 3 months ago and he doesn't seem stressed.

The timing thing of him not eating and the move to outside might have a little to do with it (stress). Also most males have one thing on their minds at this time of year and it is not food. Not sure about the lump unless it is a tick seeing you have moved him out doors (pics will help with this one) and the poo thing is probably just urates as you stated he has not eaten for 4 months. I would say he is still drinking as all my pythons are drinking heaps of water ATM. Hope this helps a little

cool thanks heaps for your help will hang tight for another month or so and if he is still not better will take him to a vet!

Don't male pythons go through a 'phase' where they are just grumpy and won't eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back