Melamine Enclosure VS Glass Enclosure ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been many threads covering this topic already, so I will keep it brief, naming mostly the pro's of each:

Melamine - Only one "window", so the animal tends to feel more secure, as opposed to living in a "fishbowl". Wood tends to be a better insulator of heat than glass.

Glass - Can look really good. Not affected by humid/damp conditions (melamine of course can be sealed, though not as effective as glass). Can also house water "out of the box".

have had melamine terrariums for all my reotiles and i couldnt be happier with anything else, also like mentioned above heat retention is one of the biggest factors you have to take into consideration so in that sense melamine wins lol

Depends what you are housing. Frogs probably wouldn't do well in melamine. Each have their place depending on species being kept.

I own snakes and have both melamine and glass. Personally i'm finding the melamine much better as far as heat regulation goes. With the weather how it is this time of year in Melvourne, my heating in the glass terrarium is all over the place and I'm adjusting the thermo about twice a day. The two melamine enclosures I have however are perfect all year round.

...I'm in the process of building a third melamine and ditching the glass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back