MY WOMA HAS A DRY FACE! How do i know what is causing this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildforwomas

Reaction score
My woma python is about 1yr 6mo old and she has what seems to be a dry face, now i just bought a nice big cage for her and put some new bedding in there(changed from Exo-Terra desert sand to Exo-Terra forest bark) and i was wondering if it could be that, or if anybody else has any ideas or related experience to such conditions. I do have high definition pictures that if anybody can help i can email them to.

Thanks for your time.

In the later stages of the slough cycle they can have what appears to be a very dry face. Do you typically have issues with sloughing ?

Im not really sure what sloughing is...

- - - Updated - - -

If that means shedding i havent had a problem until now, she hasnt shed in almost 2 months

Yes, she *could* be due for a shed. If you've only just noticed this condition leave it a few days to see if she sheds soon, and take it from there.

Also, if she was previously in a click-clack before you put her in the big cage, the humidity conditions may have changed, which in turn *could* affect her ability to shed easily.

Yes, she *could* be due for a shed. If you've only just noticed this condition leave it a few days to see if she sheds soon, and take it from there.

I've been noticing it slowly progress over a month now, waiting for a shed but nothing so far, i have a vet appointment tonight.

Ps what can i do to increase humidity in my cage? Any suggestions? (i could obviously ask google, but i thought here was hood)

- - - Updated - - -

Good*

You could always use a mister or spray bottle to spray the sides of your enclosure with a very light spray on the substrate. I say light becuase you dont want to leave the substrate warm and moist and encourage bacteria growth which could cause more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back