snake poo change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

43nickw

Reaction score
mornin all, i have a bredli pair 3 years old i put them together 9 weeks ago, my female always has moist poos, but she has now started doing white hard ones, has plenty of water and eating as usuall, do i have a problem or may my girl be gravid. thanks nick

How long ago did you feed them white poo is the bone at 3 years they maybe to young to breed theres no need to keep them together so long one night maybe suficent

How long ago did you feed them white poo is the bone

What the???? The white poo like deposits are urate which is uric acid... ie their version of urine. Normally you will get a deposit of urate a day or so before it releases its faeces.

How long ago did you feed them white poo is the bone at 3 years they maybe to young to breed theres no need to keep them together so long one night maybe suficent

Now there's a post overflowing with factual statements... white poo is the bone indeed? I hadn't heard that one before, so there's another poo thing to be concerned about. As Gruni says, the white (or, as it's not always white, pale) component of reptile faeces is concentrated urates because these things live in dry environments and their systems are designed to retain water, so their urine is largely concentrated into solids. And before you say "but they live in an enclosure with ample access to fresh water!", this is a physiological adaptation which has evolved over thousands of years, so it remains the way their bodies do things even in captivity.

Jamie

they are feed weekly, thanks for your replys, was verry helpfull

Quite possibly the single most incorrect/dumb comment ever entered into the World Wide Web.

A little punctuation couldn't hurt, either !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back