TEMPESTA my Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy-Morelia

Reaction score
he,s growing up

Attachments

• Tempesta 2012 002.jpg
    Tempesta 2012 002.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Tempesta 2012 018.jpg
    Tempesta 2012 018.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Tempesta 2012 006.jpg
    Tempesta 2012 006.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 153
yeah!! he,s a 100% diamond

- - - Updated - - -

yeah!! he,s a 100% diamond

a pure diamond with clear bands behind the neck hmmm imo a pure diamond only has small rosettes that are made up of only a few scales none of this banding im going with intergrade or just straight out cross :)

Nice snake, but it has the carpet influence of an intergrade in its pattern. I have a small one here in a bag which I got out of my Eclectus aviary on Saturday night when it was still very hot up here (40C during the day). I have yet to let it go because we had a very big bushfire on our property a week or two ago, and as we have a bit of preventative backburning to do with the RFS when conditions improve, I don't want it anywhere near any new fireground.

I'll get a couple of photos up later today, but thomasssss is essentially right about the rosette patterning being the main significant characteristic of a "true" Diamond Python.

Jamie

Yes, I agree with some of the comments already posted that to me that animal looks nothing like the pure Diamonds I grew up seeing in the wild, and has that distinct Coastal banding (rather than clearly defined rosettes) that is common in the intergrades.

In this thread http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/new-addition-tempesta-diamond-4-a-166709/ you can see a picture of the mother and her rosettes are somewhat blurred, but nowhere near as distinctly banded as Tempesta.

Still, there is no denying that all three are gorgeous animals in their own right.

Dare I say it Rob, I may be biased but I think some Intergrades are at least as beautiful as any Diamond, but that really is subjective. We get golden yellows, lemon yellows, neutral whitish and brownish animals up here - they're all beautiful in their own way.

Jamie

I agree with pythoninfinate, nice snake all the same but i wouldn't say its pure diamond. At the moment i only have diamonds and intergrades and can't split them for my favourite snake, I love the variation in the intergrades.

No need for name calling fellas....
spilotatim as far as you are aware your Tempesta is a true Diamond - and it may well be, but Monitor R Us is more than entitled to doubt that claim unless you can show proof of it's heritage.
There's no denying it's a beautiful snake - but everyone's points are right on key when it comes to Diamonds having distinctive rosettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back