Work Applications

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

A friend of mine advertized for two animal attendant positions and was over run with these real flash cv's so he said to me you pick and l said no but l had an idea that l use....call them in and any that are late are the first to go next them give them a pencil and a blank piece of A4 and they can write their own cv out without any help.
The spelling mistakes were a joke and as the owner said if they didn't pay attention at school, have they changed now/yet, the bottom line is the positions have been made casual and the owner has a new employment tool....blank A4 and pencil
solar 17 (baden)

Last edited by a moderator:
I once fired someone as he could never get to work on time, he came back the next to day to discuss this and fight for his position.

Only problem was he arrived 15 minutes late.....

Good people can be hard to find!

I don't understand how people can always turn up late to work. I'm always an hour early to work all the time

I couldnt believe it and the fact that he couldnt understand where i was coming from made it worse!

next them give them a pencil and a blank piece of A4 and they can right their own cv out without any help.
The spelling mistakes were a joke and as the owner said if they didn't pay attention at school, have they changed now/yet, the bottom line is the positions have been made casual and the owner has a new employment tool....blank A4 and pencil
solar 17 (baden)

Hmm.. Not sure it's a valid tool to determine someone's intelligence and credibility :) My husband did a virtual reality project in uni back in 1996 using wired gloves to control various environment. He now heads a team of 20 programmers and designers and just recently completed an online project for one of the biggest retailers in Australia. One of the most intelligent and hard working men I've known and I've met quite a lot of geeks in my line of work. He also has dyslexia which means written words look fuzzy and characters "jump around" (his words). He always did brilliantly on exams, but it has to be done orally or he needs to be given more time than normal people to write his answer. I always have to check his emails and documents if he works at home but people in his office know about his condition and they've learned to tolerate his "bad" spelling. He has improved a lot since his school days many moons ago but the condition will never be 100% cured. Just saying :)

I like your thinking Baden! I would be more than happy if an employer laid that down in front of me!

A guy I know from work didn't come to work for one day before he took leave, he served 28 fays in a defence prison. 5 minutes late can land me with 3 days restriction of privileges I.e I will be confined to barracks, work from 5am till 11pm cleaning and weeding gardens etc before sleeping on the ground outside the guard room. Some people don't know how easy they have it. Hire ex AJ's, they tend to be reliable and on time

A guy I know from work didn't come to work for one day before he took leave, he served 28 fays in a defence prison. 5 minutes late can land me with 3 days restriction of privileges I.e I will be confined to barracks, work from 5am till 11pm cleaning and weeding gardens etc before sleeping on the ground outside the guard room. Some people don't know how easy they have it. Hire ex AJ's, they tend to be reliable and on time

sounds like living with my mother...

I miss those days. Funny thing is that in some police states around the world, they have the lowest crime rate due to following "military rules". Sometimes I think we could learn from it.. IMHO

Hmm.. Not sure it's a valid tool to determine someone's intelligence and credibility :) My husband did a virtual reality project in uni back in 1996 using wired gloves to control various environment. He now heads a team of 20 programmers and designers and just recently completed an online project for one of the biggest retailers in Australia. One of the most intelligent and hard working men I've known and I've met quite a lot of geeks in my line of work. He also has dyslexia which means written words look fuzzy and characters "jump around" (his words). He always did brilliantly on exams, but it has to be done orally or he needs to be given more time than normal people to write his answer. I always have to check his emails and documents if he works at home but people in his office know about his condition and they've learned to tolerate his "bad" spelling. He has improved a lot since his school days many moons ago but the condition will never be 100% cured. Just saying :)

He sounds a very intelligent person. I think what Baden was saying was meant to cover people without disabilities or dyslexia. If someone has dyslexia or other disabilities I’m sure that would be taken into account so as not to disadvantage anyone. In fact I'd be more inclined to look at people like this because I think they would probably put in extra effort and try harder because of any disability & I'm all for giving these people a go.

That said I still feel there's too many people these days with no disabilities that cant spell reasonably well, do basic mathematics, have no manners or courtesy and are just plain lazy. These are the ones
Baden
’s method would weed out pretty quickly.

I start work Monday to Friday at 8am (I'm there now) and get there usually at 7:30am

I miss those days. Funny thing is that in some police states around the world, they have the lowest crime rate due to following "military rules". Sometimes I think we could learn from it.. IMHO

They have the lowest crime rates, because they have curfews and no freedom. Also shot in the streets for voicing their own opinion. Im sure there would be next to no crime if everyone was kept in a big as$ hatchy rack system... but do you want that?

They have the lowest crime rates, because they have curfews and no freedom. Also shot in the streets for voicing their own opinion. Im sure there would be next to no crime if everyone was kept in a big as$ hatchy rack system... but do you want that?

Fair enough, thats a good point.

I reckon we could get more discipline in society if when you stepped out of line, you were given a Ginger kid to look after. Depending on the crime would dictate how many Gingers you were given....

(BTW: I have ginger hair and no soul, I can say the above :))

Im one of those who struggle to get out of bed and to work on time and im also not the best at english( you may have been able to tell that by now lol) but im a bloody hard worker and im super passionate about what i do. By those terms i would have missed out on your job. although ive never been late to an interview and never would be i think it would be an employers loss. Im in no way dumb at all as by the age of 20 was running my own carpentry business with boys working for me(who struggled to spell to but we could build some beautiful things) and a good stream of work. My old bosses interview process was great. 'come work with me for 2 days, sat and sunday for free'. If you did which i did and you were keen and half good you got a 2 week trial. work hard and put in some love hours and you have your job..

Closing this thread. Have a nice day people :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back