Help finding python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shazz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My diamond python got out. I believe she is still in the house. Has anyone got any tips on luring her out.
She is about 18 months old. About a meter long.

put a towel at every door bottom to stop it getting out
start looking everywhere

Close all doors and put some towels under any gaps so the Diamond cannot get outside.
Usually Pythoins are not far from where they escaped. I found mine in my dirty close pile about 1m from where her enclosure is.
Check warm areas of the house, behind electrical items, in couches/seats. etc.
Put some flour down on any tile-like surfaces so you can see where she may have been.
Put a heat mat/hide out with a mouse/rat in front of it to entice her to come out of hiding.
Warm up a room with a heater, this may also make her want to come out where the heat is.

Hope this is some help and goodluck.

I recomend to do everything Tobe404 has said, when my Jungle got out it had only moved about 3m away from the tank. Look all around the room the enclosure is in, and move out from there. If you dont find it in the day, get a heat mat or tile put the snakes hide, bottle or a box with a cut out hole on the heat mat, and put a rat in it. Hopefully you find the snake, and make sure even if it seems like a stupid place to look check it anyway.

like others have said towls under doors, also if you have an air con that has the ouside box got outside and get a garbage bag and duck tape it. i had a coastal once excape and got into my air con lucky i taped it up and sealed the outside found it coming out after i searched the whole house and turned on the air con to see if it was in there. also look everywere high low, inside everything.

Don't lose hope so quick either. I know of Pythons being found weeks or even months after they had disappeared that eventually turned up and were still okay and made full recoveries.

My jungle got out found it 6 months later in the garage catching the arvo sun. i was very surprised to find him with a lump like he had just eaten and a few scars.

If the snake isn't in the warm spots or near her enclosure, I'd start systematically searching every nook and cranny of the house... and I mean search everything. Drawers, folded clothes, pockets, behind books on the shelf, in the bed, the cupboard - everything. Don't dismiss a hiding place because you think there's no way she'd fit. Snakes are excellent at squeezing themselves through gaps like you wouldn't believe.

The other trick I don't think anyone has mentioned is to wait until the lights have been out for a while, then search the house with a spotlight.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Most important thing would be to find out how she escaped if you dont already know & fix it

look in warm areas, lol i remember panicking when i thought i lost my scrub, she went through the substrate and under the ehat rock lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back