Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally!!! One of our axanthic girls shed yesterday....has been in her hide under heat for the last week or two and was starting to wonder as she is only young and it was both hers and the males first season. Lifted the top of the lid last night and this is what we found.... :) :) :)

View attachment 267339

One nice fat BHP....wooohhoooo

Very nice looking BHP.
Good luck and look forward to seeing some bubs soon.
regards,
T

Good stuff Smithy, thanks for sharing the photos. They are huge size BHPs. Lots of tucker fed there mate.

Cheers
Ian

My Ocellate line girl from Den Pythons (deep in shed in the photo) :) She is such a great handler!
DSC_0270.jpg

[video=youtube;qe8rZQPQ8xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe8rZQPQ8xQ[/video]

my new girl, gettign her conditioned :) love her, great snake

My Ocellate line girl from Den Pythons (deep in shed in the photo) :) She is such a great handler!
View attachment 267408

Stunning, does she have the full black head or does she have some gold coming through? I love the Ocellate line but I have noticed that they have the amber/gold coming through their head. Just really interested to know.

I hope Den is still going when I get another snake (I have to leave home to get another one, lol) as I love his BHP's especially his High Reds/Yellows and Ocellate's

Thank you :) She has a tiny bit of flecking (a scale or two) under her chin but otherwise has a pure black head. I love the ocellate line and I can't wait to see what they produce in the next couple of years.

P1010158 (2).jpgThis het calico girl laid her first clutch monday night, and when i checked on her yesterday afternoon i found she had prolapsed.
I dont know how long it had been out but i managed to massage it back in, she was quite calm about the whole process

Last edited:
I held a yearling BHP for the first time today, and although it also bit me (first time I've ever been bitten) I'm smitten! Are they generally good natured, good eaters, handlers etc?

Guess it is hard to generalize, but my male BHP is a dream to handle, very good natured and feeds well (and calmly). I think that would be a pretty common response from others much more qualified than me. They are highly addictive, I would love to get another one day. Grab one and you will be happy!!

Of my snakes, it's only the BHP that hasn't bitten....

I held a yearling BHP for the first time today, and although it also bit me (first time I've ever been bitten) I'm smitten! Are they generally good natured, good eaters, handlers etc?

Yes but most will smash food the second you put it in the enclosure....I love my BHP's - definitely something I recommend adding to a collection!

8 nice big eggs from this girl today.....she looks pretty scrawny now!

Attachments

• IMG_6777.JPG
    IMG_6777.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6779.JPG
    IMG_6779.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6792.JPG
    IMG_6792.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 107
First BHP out this morning ,the egg tooth is visible in the close up,made quite a few slashes on different parts of the egg.

This is my girl Xena when she was a bub, she was my first ever python and started my addiction :p
20830.jpg
And this is her 4.5 year later and her very first clutch.. :)
578944_3750754247322_467180936_n.jpg

Attachments

• dhgy.jpg
    dhgy.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 104

Latest posts

Back