Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i much prefer catching browns to any other species,its nice to see a variety though and i think i get the best variety across the greater sydney area,but for my bread and butter day in day out i love mr textilis jobs,he is so much more entertaining,i hate catching diamonds and common tree snakes and anything harmless it is just not my job to do so i feel

i much prefer catching browns to any other species,its nice to see a variety though and i think i get the best variety across the greater sydney area,but for my bread and butter day in day out i love mr textilis jobs,he is so much more entertaining,i hate catching diamonds and common tree snakes and anything harmless it is just not my job to do so i feel

Although harmless snakes are not as good an adrenalin rush they can be great for educating people
We get lots of calls for various colubrids
People usually terrified
After we let them see it its surprising how many let us leave it in their yard
and I consider that to be a huge win win win

Luckily, anything but bigger elapid species are few and far between up here. So there IS something good about living near the snowline :)! I'll stop complaining about my textys now (at least they're not pythons).

Nice looking texty Richard,
got a nice copperhead today and a 2 small eyed snakes,
one had been hit by a shovelbut the other one was fine.
Its great when the punter lets me release the snake back into the same area it camefrom Longqi, but it dosnt happen often enough.
I have some pics and vids from today but Ill chuck em on here later.

^^^
But you have mainly vens down your way
So in many cases I dont really blame them especially if they have young kids
Most Bali snakes are non venomous but most Asians are terrified of any snake
So when we show them the snake is harmless and they are happy to let it co-exist with them I consider that job well done

Pics from yesterday, The copperhead was under some tin in Cranbourne when I got to it..

The dead smalleyed was from a population here in Mornington that I have been watching for the last 20 years.

Yes Peter, Ive noticed when i go out to remove snakes from Asians and Indians places they seem to be absolutly terrified. I had an Indian guy ask me to remove the fence and garden skinks from his property.

I say, dont you have snakes where you come from? Theyre like 'yeah but...."

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 66
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 67
  • ses.jpg
    ses.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
ahh yes, the people that want bluetongue lizards removed,and then theres the ones who want the water skinks and dragons gone,
then finally the most special group of all the anti garden skink brigade.
what sad lives they must live
i dont move anything for these people no matter what money you could charge them, i just try and educate,but some people just cant be helped :(

rd.jpg..This juvy tigersnake was in firewood, bought into the house, and almost ended up in the fire

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;tbT3HvTx9zU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbT3HvTx9zU[/video]

Little Death Adder from yesterday that was found in amongst some old parts in one of our laydown yards.
Only one decent pic of him unfortunately but he was a looker.
Death Adder-s.JPGDA1.jpg

He looks happy to see you Mike.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy got hit by a ride on lawn mower.
He didn't make it unfortunatly

Attachments

• sad.jpg
    sad.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

mmmm... she wasnt to bad really. i needed a poser for a couple of shots. I have other photos of her being handled also proving EBS are not out to kill... although i do not think this site condones "relaxed handling" :p

Felt as though it had a belly full of eggs. She was quite happy for me to have a feel of it. Although she looked cranky in these pics. Was fine being handled, which is a shock for an EB :p

Got some small eyed pics to take :p I LOVE THEM!!! amazes me how much i cop flack for it!! yet cant find them on permit?

- - - Updated - - -

mmmm... she wasnt to bad really. i needed a poser for a couple of shots. I have other photos of her being handled also proving EBS are not out to kill... although i do not think this site condones "relaxed handling" :p

Felt as though it had a belly full of eggs. She was quite happy for me to have a feel of it. Although she looked cranky in these pics. Was fine being handled, which is a shock for an EB :p

Got some small eyed pics to take :p I LOVE THEM!!! amazes me how much i cop flack for it!! yet cant find them on permit?

been a very buisy month with elapids especially Pseudonaja textilis accounting for about 15-20 callouts a week at present.
My favourite elapid and in my opinion the most understood snake.
Graeme

Attachments

• logan village.jpg
    logan village.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 76
  • mtwarrenpark1.jpg
    mtwarrenpark1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
been a very buisy month with elapids especially Pseudonaja textilis accounting for about 15-20 callouts a week at present.
My favourite elapid and in my opion the most understood.
Graeme

SO true Graeme. They really are misunderstood. I really enjoy working with these snakes.

yeah i love the fact that they are a pretty predictable snake to read, when you have been around them long enough you learn to work with the situation, and become aware how they react in sertain circumstances. What has really surprised me this year allready is the number of very large specimens i have had to relocate, last year most were only around the 4 - 4.5' mark, this year I have had more above 5 - 5.5' mark than smaller ones.

What has really surprised me this year allready is the number of very large specimens i have had to relocate, last year most were only around the 4 - 4.5' mark, this year I have had more above 5 - 5.5' mark than smaller ones.

I suspect most of these are likely males searching for potential mates? All of my recent stuff has been over the 130-140 cm mark and, on a couple of occasions, I've been called to remove one and there's been 2-3.

Exciting times:)!

one of yesterdays catch, a good 6' and not a bad bone in its body, just didnt want to sit still for the photo shoot.

Attachments

• redspringwood.jpg
    redspringwood.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 84
I nearly had a heart attack then, before I clicked on the pic I thought it was the darkest EB I've ever seen:)! Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Sad news about that lovely Tiger Baz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back