found this on the net

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the list our snakes arn't aggressive enough nor have they killed enough people

That's an olive, big on at that. Yeah... I would run too if that was an eb

I thought our vens were no 1.?

Using the normal testing parameters Aussie vens are way up there
But they dont kill many people for 2 reasons

First aid in Aus is far superior to first aid in the countries where most of the other potentially dangerous snakes live
Secondly.. Most Aussie snakes inject venom less than 20% of the time
Most Asian and African snakes inject venom around 85% ++ of the time

So although the Aussie venom may be far stronger, statistically you have a much higher chance of survival

lol that is the biggest brown snake i ever saw, didnt know browns ate little wild piggies

theres several places with that pic of the brown, one says its a brown eating a wallaby(sure looks like a wallaby to me)
the other says its a mexican snake or something like that, what the??
doesnt the photographer have a clue?

Using the normal testing parameters Aussie vens are way up there
But they dont kill many people for 2 reasons

First aid in Aus is far superior to first aid in the countries where most of the other potentially dangerous snakes live
Secondly.. Most Aussie snakes inject venom less than 20% of the time
Most Asian and African snakes inject venom around 85% ++ of the time

So although the Aussie venom may be far stronger, statistically you have a much higher chance of survival
Thanks for that, always something new to learn.

cheers Dave

I hadnt bothered looking at the list until now

Its a load of garbage
Definitely way incorrect with blatant errors and miscalculations

My comment was
Please fix the blatant errors in this before someone gets hurt
All pythons are non venomous and no python should be anywhere near this list
Your burmese python is a reticulated python
Your eastern brown is an olive python
Your russel viper is a harmless tree snake
No mention of saw scale viper??
In any serious list it must rate number one two or three

I couldn't help myself and posted a second comment on the page...

Just discussing the blatant errors and miscalculations in this post and the conclusion is ‘smashinglists’ this list is smashed! Three falsly identified photos, inccorect aggression listings, and suggesting pythons can be venemous. How about some journalistic responsibilty to verify your information as this is pure misinformation.
BTW can you tell us which python is venemous as you say they ‘are not USUALLY venemous’?

Willing to bet the publisher doesn't reply to a single issue raised by the readers though. :?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I just refreshed the page and they deleted my comments.

In the other one I pointed out that Eastern Browns grow to an average of 6ft and are not capable of eating a wallaby and that it is an Olive python in the pic which grows to 13-15ft.

Apparently they don't like the truth being posted on their site. Go figure. 8)

it is amazing how many different " top 10 deadliest snake" lists there are as well as a range of different "top 10 most venomous" lists there are as well.... glad i wasnt trying to pull that " Brown Snake" out of my chook house yesterday, might not have fit in my pillow case

I hadnt bothered looking at the list until now

Its a load of garbage
Definitely way incorrect with blatant errors and miscalculations

My comment was
Please fix the blatant errors in this before someone gets hurt
All pythons are non venomous and no python should be anywhere near this list
Your burmese python is a reticulated python
Your eastern brown is an olive python
Your russel viper is a harmless tree snake
No mention of saw scale viper??
In any serious list it must rate number one two or three

Yeah, I have posted the same comments twice now, but they wont allow the truth to be spoken :rolleyes:

The poor moderator must be getting the poops by now :lol:

Yeah, I have posted the same comments twice now, but they wont allow the truth to be spoken :rolleyes:

Their is no such thing as the "truth" when it comes to making some stupid list about the "dangerousness/deadliness" of snakes....Any ignorant schmuck can make "a list" and post it on the internet....and most are made by idiots.

It's kind of like when you google.... "10 Best cities or 10 best sports" their is no definite right or wrong answer or "truth".

Obviously this particular list is bad even by ****ty list standards....but still the point remains....their is no such thing as a correct list.

- - - Updated - - -

Their is no such thing as the "truth" when it comes to making some stupid list about the "dangerousness/deadliness" of snakes....Any ignorant schmuck can make "a list" and post it on the internet....and most are made by idiots.

It's kind of like when you google.... "10 Best cities or 10 best sports" their is no definite right or wrong answer or "truth".

Obviously this particular list is bad even by ****ty list standards....but still the point remains....their is no such thing as a correct list.

If people keep posting comments pointing out the errors of the article, theoretically eventually they will realise it'll be less effort to either fix the article or pull the whole bloody thing, rather than having to keep getting mods to remove truthful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back