Payment plans ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I wish I had the smarts to suss this out earlier... Wouldn't of thought it would be an option to be honest... Handy to know though

what do you sell Dash and Ramsayi??? What sort of reptiles???

Hey Chris :),

I think we have been over this, we have discussed my jungles ect. Best to contact Ramsayi and myself through a PM.

Regards,
Laura

Last edited:
I have had people do that here. Just pop in and pay this or that. No big deal to me as the heat is on the racks anyway. Not that I have anything that is expensive as such. I would prefer that so they can and do get the proper things they need for housing the animal. A lot may not have the room, so I can understand if they cannot hold onto the animal until it is paid off.

I'm just curious as to whats considered an acceptable length of time to complete the payments? One month? Two months? Or even longer? I'd imagine it would be a nightmare for the seller.....buyers would be coming up with all sorts of excuses trying to get their money refunded when they find something they like better somewhere else. Does the buyer lose their money if they try and pull out of the deal? Personally, I prefer the old fashion method....money up front.

i have had buyers put down a few hundred dollars deposit and then never return, at least not for two years.

There was a recent thread here where someone was showing off their new GTP hatchie. There was at least two breeders (one of which was BFR) who were discussing their payment plans in this thread.

I was the other one ;)

When you breed things like GTP's, Albino Darwins, Het and Albino Olive's and Axanthic Blackheads etc then you expect there are going to be people wanting to pay off their purchases and some wanting to pay deposits to secure some of the harder to find animals...

Variety work out what type of animal you are after and search for breeders that way, most will be happy to put some sort of plan in place. Don't leave it to long if you are looking for a hatchie from this season though, a lot of the top end stuff and nicer quality snakes are spoken for well before the egg hatches...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just curious as to whats considered an acceptable length of time to complete the payments? One month? Two months? Or even longer? I'd imagine it would be a nightmare for the seller.....buyers would be coming up with all sorts of excuses trying to get their money refunded when they find something they like better somewhere else. Does the buyer lose their money if they try and pull out of the deal? Personally, I prefer the old fashion method....money up front.

It depends on the animal and person I guess. I have one lady that is on a pension already paying off a GTP hatchie from next season....that's the only way she is going to be able to afford one.

With the exception of something happening our end (like in the above case if say our guys don't breed next year) money is not refundable and we make it very clear upfront that if you simply disappear or something for a couple of months and dont pay anything then we have the right to cancel the sale.

If you can't afford to buy your critter outright, how will you go affording the best gear you'll need to look after it? Very often the animal is the least expensive part of the deal...

Jamie

Weren't you and the accountant man can't think of his name at the moment doing payment plans with GTP's?

Can anyone tell me if there will be someone I can talk to at the expo this weekend that does payment plans on their GTP's. I would love to secure a deposit on a baby that would be possibly ready late Dec or early Jan.

I think if you can afford to pay money each week, then you can afford to save money each week and pay for the animal in full.

I can't say i have heard of to many breeder's out there willing to allow people to do it for there own reason's and tyre kicker's and what not. For myself and my fiance we have an dog account and a snake account and each week/fortnight/month we put money into these accounts for unexpected issue's. With both of them there is 2 little account's away from them for saving up for new animal's. having seen my sister have animal's needing vet treatment urgently and her not having account's set up it really opened our eyes up and made us put plan's into action's. I agree with Snowman on this about saving up and paying in full. Not only do you see your money in the bank being saved but for the young people who are going to one day want to buy a house this is a great idea so banks can see you can save and really put your mind to something.

I can save money easily but I would like to SECURE a hatchling for the January period. I would also like to ask a few more questions of the breeder.

I can save money easily but I would like to SECURE a hatchling for the January period. I would also like to ask a few more questions of the breeder.
My comment wasn't directed at you so please don't think it was. Your best bet would be to look up Green Tree Python breeder's. I'm sure there are atleast a few on this site who you could contact.

Pretty much all of them, as long As you ask nicely and stick to your payments.
I have paid off all my more expensive snakes this way, as i dont have a credit card or loan, it means i can still budget everything else whilst paying it off, and having a few weeks or months to prepare everything for when the animal arrives is a plus. So far i have done plans with southern cross reptiles, BFR, paramount pythons and just recently a red neo gtp from custom chondros. Go for it mate. Abit away each week, and then before you know it you have your dream snake!
In the same boat here!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Bec my bad :)

Save 1st buy later ....SIMPLE.......... saves everybodies time...(Y have a snake u cant afford)
SRY
Pete

Save 1st buy later ....SIMPLE.......... saves everybodies time...(Y have a snake u cant afford)
SRY
Pete

Because they are the now generation. They want things they cant afford. They cant save and because of the apron string upbringing they think everyone should set up a system that gives them what they want now. In this case a snake that they pay for later.

Because they are the now generation. They want things they cant afford. They cant save and because of the apron string upbringing they think everyone should set up a system that gives them what they want now. In this case a snake that they pay for later.

While I kind of agree with this, they still don't get the snake 'now' - I don't think any breeder in their right mind would send them the snakes before the final payment has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back