Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I like yours too Damian but where's the fun and beer bragging rights compared to 'rescuing' the one Kylie found? ;)

But hey, if you want to rehome home yours I'm cool with that. 8)

Haha so I claim bragging rights for rescuing the little guy already, but I am pretty sure even with the kids going mum can we keep him........ahhhh....not allowed to kids sorry.
Kids.....but mum you have a licence.....me....yep but saving snakes doesn't count you have to buy them like we did with our other snake from a breeder.........they just don't get it. Would love to keep him if we could.

I wasnt sure if it was randomly hatched out in captivity or collected from the wild, thats why i asked.

Whilst there are odd looking carpets in the wild, it is very common for hatchies and juvies to be almost un-patterned and then they turn into big brown slugs as they age, that python has a 99.9% chance of being nothing special.

I always figured things like albinos, hets etc all occur in the wild too they just tend not to survive as easily, afterall what do we do in captivity to 'create' these variations that can't happen in the bush?

Regardless of what chance this one has of staying this way it still looks really nice right now you have to admit.

I wasnt sure if it was randomly hatched out in captivity or collected from the wild, thats why i asked.

Whatever there is in captivity, there is usually a better version of it somewhere out in the wild. Hypo's, stripes, reduced-pattern, etc etc are all reasonably common out in the bush. We probably wouldn't have the albino's that are available today if it wasn't for snakes that were originally collected from the wild.

True, i would love to come across something like that in the wild, just a photograph would make me happy. :)

The albino darwin that was used in SA to really kick off the line was removed from a woman's laundry if memory serves me and was then given on loan, from the NT wildlife park where it was taken, to the breeder in SA for three years while he made a viable line. I may still have the link to the article in my FB messages if anyone is interested.

Yeah I like yours too Damian but where's the fun and beer bragging rights compared to 'rescuing' the one Kylie found? ;)

But hey, if you want to rehome home yours I'm cool with that. 8)
Najanaja on here has a few left, some similar, some darker brown and one or two lighter reddish caramel.... let me know I can give you his details

I thought the first albino was found in a womans caravan climbing the kitchen certain, at least thats what i read on SXR?

That might be it Albino. I had a link to the article written by SXR that gave the full story. The point is, the snake was wild caught in someones home and a stunning specimen which allowed for a very productive commercial line to be established.

Yep and im very glad that it was found cause they are def one of my fav morphs, i just hope that other new potential morphs can be found and added to the hobby.

I'm curious to see some albino macs as they get a bit older. A friend as a SXR darwin and she has a very destinctive yellow pattern which appeals to me and I am curious if the patterns on the macs will become more visible with age.

I have seen some really interesting albino darwins on here that look alot more better coloured and a little different in pattern then ur average normal looking ones, as for the macs ive seen alot of variation in pattern in the pics that snake ranch has shown, some have bright markings that can be seen really well and others look almost white with their markings very faded, its gonna be a very interesting few years.

They are very savage birds in her aviary and so she saved it from ridicule and persecution by the other snakes when it got out that the canary had teased it and pooped on it. They are the juvenile delinquent birds of the district. Keep up the good work Kylie and keep a closer eye on your inmates in future. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back