Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good one baz, i got a large redbelly in the same circustances, but was lucky that there was a fallen log nearby that he had decided would be a great hiding spot..
I have no idea why he would have had snakes hanging around either... oh hum.

Another texty; this one was a real stunner (love the white banding) and good natured also. Nearly a keeper:)!

Attachments

• Another EB 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Another EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Another EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 63
Another, just for fun!

Attachments

• and again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    and again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 108
Caught and released this RBB today, will try and upload the video in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• RBBS 003A.jpg
    RBBS 003A.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 63
  • RBBS 006A.jpg
    RBBS 006A.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 62
  • RBBS 007A.jpg
    RBBS 007A.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 73
How are you going with the video Firpac,?
is You tube playing up for you?
Its not letting me upload videos for some reason.
Got 2 callouts today for tigersnakes in birdnetting,
Here is a pic of one and there is video coming as soon as Youtube fixes itself.

Attachments

• bnet.jpg
    bnet.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 98

- - - Updated - - -

Video RBBS capture as promised.

As usual I can't seem to get the link to show up as a video (even though I use the 'Insert Video' icon, so will just post the link itself.

Red Bellied Black - YouTube

Last edited:
P1130470.jpgP1130463.jpgP1130466.jpgP1130464.jpg

Nice little eastern brown I caught at the local school. Interesting how this one came about, despite the school having my number and knowing I catch snakes, they had called the rural supplies store (which is just down from my office) and told them to bring a shovel, luckily the bloke came to me and said he wanted nothing to do with it and could I go catch it. I raced up there and found it in the middle of the quadrangle. The catch was very straight forward and as soon as the snake was in the bag the whole school erupted into cheers and screams. I had been so focused on the snake I didn't realise the whole school was watching from the safety of the classrooms.
Anyway the school now has my number at the top of the list!
He is a really pretty little fella, amazing stripes on him! He has a wound to on his lower body, it is well on the way to healing so he should be fine. Will attempt to get some more natural photos upon release.

Good oportunity to give the kids some education. I always take advantage of the interest and break into my usual spiel about respecting the snake and animals environment ect.
Just have to get the message of care and compassion through to one or two kids and it makes it all worth while.
Id be talking to who ever mentioned the shovel and ask why they are teaching kids to break the law,
instead of how not to get bitten and how to respect protected native animals.
Ignorant redneck SOBs.
Very sexy brown snake to outbackstorm.

...and some photos of the release.

Snakes 085.jpgSnakes 099.jpgSnakes 100.jpg

It was satisfying to see this animal back in the wild and I thought about how he very nearly became minced meat! Still he was the nicest looking eastern brown I have ever seen!

Another texty from Armidale, more pics to follow of the extraction from a sleeper hole (if the resident sends them?).

Attachments

• EB again 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB again 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 57
  • EB again 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB again 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 58
Youre getting some stunning brownies Richard, that one is special to
Here is a cute copperhead I got this morning

[video=youtube;1p89uS6WN_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p89uS6WN_A[/video]

Got the pics of the above texty today from the householder. Extraction from a sleeper spike hole. Apologies for the hands on, but it was either that or the hot water treatment. BTW, I'm not pulling on the tail, just giving it a little tickleup.

Attachments

• IMG_0839...trim.jpg
    IMG_0839...trim.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0837 trim.jpg
    IMG_0837 trim.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 82
I was called out to these cobras in the roof of a house in Frankston

[video=youtube;s7xcupO7Uyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7xcupO7Uyo[/video]

Apologies for the hands on, but it was either that or the hot water treatment. BTW, I'm not pulling on the tail, just giving it a little tickleup.

Its a fine line between pulling the tail and doing damage, cant be done without hands on..If I tried to go hands off,
I'd lose snakes or get bitten..or both.i really would love to/do see Jonnos course and learn how it's done.
Never doubted you for a minute Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back