habistat thermo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Oz - Herp Shop. Or ebay, UK suppliers if you wanna go that route.

so do they have a site of their own ? i saw herp shop figured id shop around but cant find anything cheaper. and dont trust ebay to much

id go microclimate just because u can run a 5w off them if you really wanted to,where as habistat need 40w minimun i think...don't quote me though!

id go microclimate just because u can run a 5w off them if you really wanted to,where as habistat need 40w minimun i think...don't quote me though!

The 40w minimum load is only for dimming stats. Apparently the new MC (dimming) stats don't have any minimum load restriction anymore.

The 40w minimum load is only for dimming stats. Apparently the new MC (dimming) stats don't have any minimum load restriction anymore.[/QUOTE

told ya i didnt know,just going off what i've got.learn something new everyday sweeeeeeet

I just got a MC BI (dimming) stat sent from UK for $80,The pulse stats are even cheaper. The local pet shop wants $200 for an mc ministat. Best read the previously posted thread for details though.

If you buy a microclimate from UK, do they have different power plugs. like a UK plug? and can you put australian heat products into a UK microclimate thermostat?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

If you buy a microclimate from UK, do they have different power plugs. like a UK plug? and can you put australian heat products into a UK microclimate thermostat?

Yes different plugs on both sides.Yes you can use them here as they use the same voltage as us.

Yes the plugs are different... but all you need to do is un-screw them and replace them with aussie plugs! 5 minute job.

I have had a fair few problems with the microclimate B1 thermos. Would definately go with the habistat Dreaper...

Yes the plugs are different... but all you need to do is un-screw them and replace them with aussie plugs! 5 minute job.

un-screw them - Aren't they moulded plugs ?

The upside to buying Habistat's off Brian at the HerpShop is local warranty and great customer support

Just for your reference mate I have found the 600w Habistat pulse here in the UK for ÂŁ32.63 plus delivery of ÂŁ4.99.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

un-screw them - Aren't they moulded plugs ?

Nope, well the ones i have received are attached via screws... i just un-screwed them, then un-screwed the wires and then screwed in aussie plugs. SIMPLE!

Nope, well the ones i have received are attached via screws... i just un-screwed them, then un-screwed the wires and then screwed in aussie plugs. SIMPLE!

Interesting. That would more than likely make the loss of warranty argument null & void, though I still reckon it'd be a pain getting a warranty service in the UK.

warrenty is good and all but ive never really used a warrenty. plus they make servicable units from what im told so if you know a sparkey and things go pear shaped you might be able to get a fix for a 6 pack?

yeah with the worry of shipping and changing plugs im thinking the warranty is the way to go. haven't really heard anything bad about the habitat range for incubators so im sure its worth the extra money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back