Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deyendran, I apologise retrospectively and in advance for the stupid, pious, pedantic, and absolutely pointless semantic crap you have been served up on this thread by a bunch od Australians who are just beginning to find their way with reptile keeping, in a world which has been way ahead of most of them for years. Gotta love the new kids on the block with all that new knowledge :(!

To he who suggested that you are not suited to keep a viper because of your use of words, and those dimwits who chimed in after him, I suggest that you actually get lives of your own, and rather than try and do a complete character assassination on somebody in another country who asked a perfectly reasonable question in good faith, just sit quietly if you have no useful advice to offer. But I guess the opportunity to babble away with pointless drivel about semantics is too hard to pass up. I'm with Longqi on this one - if the difference between venomous and poisonous is not the main point of discussion, then what's the point? We all knew what he meant, and his use of one word rather than another has not the slightest bearing on his potential as a successful reptile keeper.

I wish you success in whatever choice you make Deyendran, and note your gracious response to the tools who tried to pull you apart. Please don't judge all Aussies by the comments of a few brainless know-it-alls who jumped in here :)!

Oh, and as far as keeping "hots" is concerned, if you have the right mindset for vens, you'll be fine, because you will learn whatever special precautions each species requires before you get them, and scrupulously observe them at all times. Believe me, there are plenty of cowboys all over the world who shouldn't keep vens, but it's absolutely not because they didn't distinguish between "venomous" and "poisonous..."

Jamie

Probably another 2 pages of this dribble to come......to the OP, you're not ready to keep Vens!

Deyendran, I apologise retrospectively and in advance for the stupid, pious, pedantic, and absolutely pointless semantic crap you have been served up on this thread by a bunch od Australians who are just beginning to find their way with reptile keeping, in a world which has been way ahead of most of them for years. Gotta love the new kids on the block with all that new knowledge :(!

To he who suggested that you are not suited to keep a viper because of your use of words, and those dimwits who chimed in after him, I suggest that you actually get lives of your own, and rather than try and do a complete character assassination on somebody in another country who asked a perfectly reasonable question in good faith, just sit quietly if you have no useful advice to offer. But I guess the opportunity to babble away with pointless drivel about semantics is too hard to pass up. I'm with Longqi on this one - if the difference between venomous and poisonous is not the main point of discussion, then what's the point? We all knew what he meant, and his use of one word rather than another has not the slightest bearing on his potential as a successful reptile keeper.

I wish you success in whatever choice you make Deyendran, and note your gracious response to the tools who tried to pull you apart. Please don't judge all Aussies by the comments of a few brainless know-it-alls who jumped in here :)!

Oh, and as far as keeping "hots" is concerned, if you have the right mindset for vens, you'll be fine, because you will learn whatever special precautions each species requires before you get them, and scrupulously observe them at all times. Believe me, there are plenty of cowboys all over the world who shouldn't keep vens, but it's absolutely not because they didn't distinguish between "venomous" and "poisonous..."

Jamie

This deserves a sticky.

Hey guys uhm I seemed to have created some sort of stir on this blog apologies for that, & as I have mentioned above I am grateful for all the criticism good & bad that I've received it all for me was a learning experience, & yes to those who said I am not ready to keep hots I do agree but I asked this question because experience has to start somewhere & well I wasn't sure of the magnitude of the danger of this particular snake, & that is why I seeked advice here, so still I am very grateful to all of you, I would love to like quite abit of you guys comments but unfortunately for the time being my blackberry is my only source of internet which makes it very difficult but thanx to all

Although deaths resulting in bites form white lipps are rare they do happen. Bites can result in intense pain, swelling, necrosis of flesh, and in some cases severe systemic bleeding.

Victims usually display signs of ouchy, roll around crying and commonly shout for mummy.

Victims usually display signs of ouchy, roll around crying and commonly shout for mummy.

If you read the important bits of this thread you may understand that a very serious question was asked
Most of the relevant answers related to that question pretty well resulting in the op delaying his purchase until he has more experience; which I believe was the correct decision in this case

To trivialise a pit viper bite is; putting it bluntly; bloody stupid
anytime you want to drop over here and I will introduce you to people who have been bitten by these guys

It is definitely not any form of joke whatsoever

There are some great humorous threads in aps in other sections
Herp Help is for more serious posts

Call it whatever you like mate, venomous, poisonous, toxic... whatever.
At the end of the day you can either handle the thing or not, learn the snake not the english dictionary.
Snakes don't care what their called, it doesn't change their behaviour one bit. Being smart and intelligent and dotting the I's and crossing the T's never made a good snake handler.
Many a member here could do with more time in the bush, not the book.

Yes.... you will definately die......:shock:

Probably from boredom of the 'political correctness' in this thread :rolleyes:

If I got bitten by a snake with fangs and any sort of toxic juice.... be it poison, toxins, venom, voodoo water, or diet coke (Tm) I wouldnt care what it was... I would be seeking help in an attempt to not die :lol:

The fact that you ask this question tells me you dont want vens..... so I wouldnt bother if I were you ;)

If you read the important bits of this thread you may understand that a very serious question was asked
Most of the relevant answers related to that question pretty well resulting in the op delaying his purchase until he has more experience; which I believe was the correct decision in this case

To trivialise a pit viper bite is; putting it bluntly; bloody stupid
anytime you want to drop over here and I will introduce you to people who have been bitten by these guys

It is definitely not any form of joke whatsoever

There are some great humorous threads in aps in other sections
Herp Help is for more serious posts

I always read the entire thread relating to any post.
Trivializing ANY snake bite IS stupid, even a python in the wild should be considered deadly until it has been 100% identified.
And even then, venomous hybrids do exist.
My post included a quote explaining the dangers, the thread question had more or less been resolved, and since the original thread question seemed poorly researched and downright stupid, I elaborated on a quote...........sarcastically.

I should be more simpathetic to the fact that if someone has to ask if a snake will kill them, they may not get sarcasm.
I apologize if you were upset by my humor, i won't do it again.

Last edited:
Yes I changed it because I didn't want to send the thread off course.
Too late i suppose....
I have heard of these hybrids including a first hand (albeit unconfirmed) sighting by an educated herper of
a snake with heat pits and distinctive morelia colours, with a king brown or tiger looking scale set, body shape, and facial features.
This could be urban myth, but reinforces the fact that ANY snake should be treated as deadly.

Yes I changed it because I didn't want to send the thread off course.
Too late i suppose....
I have heard of these hybrids including a first hand (albeit unconfirmed) sighting by an educated herper of
a snake with heat pits and distinctive morelia colours, with a king brown or tiger looking scale set, body shape, and facial features.
This could be urban myth, but reinforces the fact that ANY snake should be treated as deadly.

But was it poisonous.... er, I mean venomous....... or just plain deadly? ;):lol:

Patient to doctor: Help, I was bitten by a poisonous snake :shock:

Doctor to patient: Damn! the anti-venom I have only works on venomous snakes..... looks like you are fu.... stuffed! That will be $75 bucks, pay on your way out.... you will get 85% back from medicare, so you will get $17 back ;):lol:

Fluffy snake,

your so called experienced herper is a nuff nuff if they think pythons and elapids are interbreeding.

It is physiologically impossible, much like you breeding with a gibbon and having viable offspring

Gee, we're getting some crackers here lately - "the white part of the poo is the bone..." and now... that python/ven hybrids exist in the wild, as seen by an "educated herper."

I feel the walls closing in on me...

Jamie

Could be an urban myth? Mate, this IS an urban myth. Please tell this experienced herper to keep his knowledge to himself. He is making you both look silly.

I have heard the myth about python/ven hybrids, personally I think it is just the media trying to re-establish peoples waning fear of snakes :rolleyes: I guess they are just trying to up the 'shovel response' time for average joe:rolleyes:

A human and a gibbon cross? I'm pretty sure I have met quite a few of them ;) They are better known as politicians :shock::lol:

Captain ratbag was the only one who got that obviously.......

Urban myths exist for a reason, to weed out the fools.
The more people who believe it the better I say, it stops the average person picking up a wild python, and stops them
dying if they get it wrong.
Anyone who believed it should not be getting advice on venomous snakes from a forum, and should be scared off.
The few well educated (not read-up) people on this site have a responsibility to decide wether a person can handle the information
you give them. As an electrician, I can tell someone how to wire up a powerpoint, But should I ?
I think there are too many "experts" on here giving advanced info to noobs who will get ahead of themselves.
Nobody starts out an expert at anything, but when someone asks a stupid question.......well you know.

P.C.P.S - Venom is a synonym of poison. Therefore by definition, a snake has to be poisonous. -but none of this even matters.

So fluffy, what is the best way to wire up my python?:lol: I have heard it is simple, just twist the brown with the red belly black.... then solder on the green and plug it in?:shock:

The more people who believe it the better I say, it stops the average person picking up a wild python, and stops them
dying if they get it wrong.

Or it goes the other way... ahh a venomous python.. kill it with a shovel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back