glitter in snake poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrumler

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
hey guys iv just noticed with a couple of my snakea that there poo looks like there glitter or something in it.tiny bits of shiny stuff.can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

is it green sugary looking stuff , if so then ive had the same thing with some of my animals , its bile from what ive been told by a few people id be interested in others opinions that have experienced it and have an idea

guys this is the herp help section of the forum , posts like "fabulous poop " arnt very helpful keep em for chit chat hey :)

yeah im a bit worried.iv noticed no change in attitude ot or feeding.iv slowd down there feeding a bit so i wonder if that could be why as there the only ones with it .

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Do you by any chance play Kylie Minogue a lot?
Is there a glitter ball hanging up in yer snake enclosure???

Well it's a change from the "Help, when will my snake poo?"

Think back to what your snake has eaten mate and if anything mate have been on it. Snakes don't poop glitter no matter how much some would like them too. I would also follow wrightpythons advice and check your enclosure.

does it resemble your substrate? did your snake ingest some whilst swallowing the rat? or where did ya rats come from is it something they have eaten? just throwing ideas out there

has your snake been hanging with strippers? lol. (sorry couldn't resist)

as the others have said, look at your substrate, food and enclosure decorations...

Does your snake go out clubbing?

I've seen some dubious "women" around Darlinghurst that obviously have "pythons" down their stockings.

Is there any loose gal on the wire in your breeder/ feeder rodent cages?

recently someone in aps had a snake die

autopsy by a member here [maybe baden?]
showed that it had eaten rats that had been chewing on wire

not saying thats what it is
but could be a possibility

recently someone in aps had a snake die

autopsy by a member here [maybe baden?]
showed that it had eaten rats that had been chewing on wire

not saying thats what it is
but could be a possibility
That's what I was thinking. I remember that post but I don't know who made it.

Sezzzzzzzzzz, you are not supposed to know about such wanton wenches. It does beg the question as to how your have procured such knowledge. NO! Don't go there. I really think I don't want to know...

There is nothing within the digestive system of snakes that would produce shiny bit of defecation. It is absolutely down to what goes in, comes out. As has been mentioned, Vermiculite is the only common substance utilized in snake enclosures that has reflective properties due to the silicates that it is composed of. If your snake does not have access to vermiculite, then you do need to look at what it did have access to and might have swallowed, as suggested already.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back