Scales & Tails 2012 Reptile Festival

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come over and say hi

cheers
scott

- - - Updated - - -

Come over and say hi

cheers
scott

Yommy, yes there are still tickets available for the BBQ Dinner. Phone me on (07) 3278 3888 (after 10.00 am) to book them if you like.
Stanno, it's at the Ipswich Showgrounds, Warwick Road, Ipswich.
Starts 9.00am on Saturday 10th November.
There are quite a few new products being launched as well.......... new Aspen Bedding, new reptile books, new enclosures, plus the usual great bargains.
Plenty of awesome animals to see as well as fabulous guest speakers......... you really need to be there!

- - - Updated - - -

lol Jamie......... I'll go shopping this week for pointy shoes! lol

Some of the animals that I'll have on display at the Scales & Tails Festival. Can't wait.

What type of python is that in the last pic? it looks like an albino olive but i thought they were more of a yellow colour, this one looks white, it also looks like it has stripes.

Last edited:
I will be there,but wondering about the auction,what is being auctioned or any other details,auction start time,closing time,etc

Had a good morning and chat up with friends even scored some good deals with books and equipment.
The biggest disappointment and this goes for all the expos in QLD and not aimed at any of the organisers,

But -

What is the go with DERM and their absolute poor support of these events and the conservation message?

The fact that you can have non-native greens on display but you cant show native greens or woma's because they are on a restricted licence amazes me.

If the Brigalow belt womas are in such a bad way here in QLD shouldn't they be raising awareness of the issue.

Sorry DERM but you are a joke........... Support the hobby that support conservation and get with the times

Rant over...

other then that - it was a good day Scails and Tails team, keep up the good work.

Get with the times - it's DEHP not DERM! They were there. Without the appropriate level of funding from the State Government how do you expect better representation? I suggest you contact Campbell Newman directly and let him know your opinion!

Last edited:
Get with the times - it's DEHP not DERM! They were there. Without the appropriate level of finding from the State Government how do you expect better representation? I suggest you contact Campbell Newman directly and let him know your opinion!

My apologies Lampropholis:
Sorry DEHP but you are a joke........... Support the hobby that support conservation and get with the times
And is it finding or funding? The next time I’m having a coffee with Campbell I'll ask, thank you for your suggestion.
The issues with this department have been around longer than the current government. Blaming the premier is just a cop out
Just my opinion and as with everyone on this forum we are entitled to it.

Thanks for the amendment Yommy! It was a great show today! I did edit my typo; apologies for it.

No worries glad you enjoyed it like the rest of us. lol

Its just a shame when 'ALL' reptiles cant be displayed due to out dated reasoning.

Everyone enjoys a good aussie green and some cracking examples of the woma locale's available.

Would love to hear how the BBQ went.....

correct me if im wrong but didn they used to be able to show natives and womas a few years ago? what changed?

DEHP backflip, which is hard to understand because if you held a restricted licence surely you could of displayed your animals.
I know it was some thing Joy and the crew were trying to make happen but i guess DEHP stood there ground.

In QLD the brigalow belt womas are apparently in trouble so why not make awareness of it if conservation is DEHP primary job.

Hopefully next year it changes back as i'd like to display some of my woma's.

The bbq was great.. Food was really nice, dessert yummo... but most of all Peter and Brians talks were AWESOME.... it was so interesting going through the step by step stages that each of them went through to build up to what they have now...... LOl but Brians explanation on why he doesnt keep vens was hilarious...... Lovely Lovely guys... Was well worth being a part of :)

Well... I was there too! I have to say I thought it was a great show, and a great turnout - it's encouraging to see so many people of all ages maintaining their obsession!

Many, many thanks to Joy & the Kuligowski family, and Deb & Doug King, for their great hospitality and making me feel so welcome (although I could have done without that further 40 mins in the POURING rain on the bike Deb - after 7 hours in the rain on the bike from Port Macquarie to Ipswich)! It was great to catch up with Michael C again, and be able to put a few more names to faces.

Despite it being one of the most tiring long-distance rides I've done (the rain and crap Pacific Highway in NSW), it was all extremely well worth the effort.

Thanks guys... and I'll send you a couple of simple cookbooks Deb... for next time lol!

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back