Hi to everyone, I am a brand new python owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katiejoe

Reaction score
I am katiejoe. I am actually a male and this is the name of my one and only beautiful grand-daughter who is 18 months old. I have always loved snakes of all types and have obtained a Jungle Python female 2 years old. She is beautiful and loves to be handled and I plan on breeding from her when I get to know a bit more about her breed. I have just purchased the new book Guide to Australians Snakes in Captivity. Great book but I felt it doesn't go into the more common snakes to be kept in captivity, but certainly it gives you heaps of information and the photos are brilliant. Hope to get on here more often and no doubt I will be asking for help and advice. Thanks guys.:lol:

Welcome Katiejoe,
Im a new to the snake keeping hobby as well. I have a 3 year old Diamond Python.
I would recomend the book 'Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons' by Mike Swan. My copy is all dog eared as it is a handy book to refer to. The book covers most of the pythons commonly kept by hobbists. I recently brought 'The Complete Carpet Python' book by Nick Mutton & Justin Julander. Both of these books have heaps of information and I have learned a great deal from them.

Hi there Katiejoe and welcome if you need any tips or information someone here will help you out

Thanks Viking, in fact I have ordered Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons, so am glad I did so. I have just seen my Jungle shed for the first time, amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks pythrulz, will make use of your offer. I absolutely love the albino and intend to branch into them, but looking at the classified's I will have to save my bikkies for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back