Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the looks of it I may just have to settle on a petshop, urrgh its so hard waiting so long to get your first snake

Even with freight you'll come in under $300. The other thing is you are buying at a bad time for want of a better word... it's just breeding time and as of Dec there will be heaps of hatchies that will be ready in Jan and you will be able to pick and choose.

I had a look on the For Sales and seems that the best which it comes up with is for Brissy. And I know I picked such a bad time to become obessed with snakes. Like I can't wait til Jan/Feb I want one now.

I've kinda settled that I will have to have an adult snake which doesn't bother me that much its just findiing one in cairns which is so difficult urrgh. Well hopefully something comes up soon, and I need the price to be no more than 200

I had a look on the For Sales and seems that the best which it comes up with is for Brissy. And I know I picked such a bad time to become obessed with snakes. Like I can't wait til Jan/Feb I want one now.

I've kinda settled that I will have to have an adult snake which doesn't bother me that much its just findiing one in cairns which is so difficult urrgh. Well hopefully something comes up soon, and I need the price to be no more than 200

Look interstate for a breeder or private person that is selling, as said many times you'll get a better quality snake and it will be cheaper even with shipping...
That or learn some patience...

personally id wait until breeding season , i put my woma on order with snake ranch at the start of their 20/20 offer last year as a result i had to wait months to get my snake , which was good , it gives you plenty of time to prepare yourself and just learn about them in general get on here pay attention and learn from the threads in the time it takes for you to get a hatchy

imo you will be a better keeper for it and wont wind up asking why your snake wont eat next winter and why it hasn't pooped after a whole 5 days from its last feed ( not saying your like that just examples ;) ) i know it seems like a really long wait but it will pay off in the long run , this hobby is full of periods of waiting after every feed , you have to wait before you should handle , when their shedding its no handling until they've shed if you ever breed theirs alot of waiting there , get my point patience is a big part of this hobby good luck what ever you choose im sure you will be stoked

Last edited:
Hey Guys! I've been doing alot of searching but haven't really found any info on how much Snake Ranch will be selling their Piebald Childrens for, does anybody have a remote idea or want to hazard a guess as to how much a serious keper will look to pay for one?

Hey Guys! I've been doing alot of searching but haven't really found any info on how much Snake Ranch will be selling their Piebald Childrens for, does anybody have a remote idea or want to hazard a guess as to how much a serious keper will look to pay for one?
me thinks lots , like thousands lots :)

Of course!, it would be good to know now to start saving though!!!!!!!!!!
forgive me if i wind up being wrong im not really into ants , but im not sure if that project is very advanced , will probably be a few years yet until they sell any could be wrong though but you will probably find that thats why there isnt much of an idea on price except for lots , the albino spotteds will probably give a bit of a ball park figure but there isnt any other piebald morphs in aus legally that i know of so that could push their price up again

Sage advice from Thomasss and Jimmy, patience grasshopper, patience.

I still dont understand why they call this the NOW generation?

I still dont understand why they call this the NOW generation?

I half agree with this comment and half take offence to it. Cos i've been wanting a snake for a coupe of months now and the last stretch trying to saving up for a snake, which is close to you is really hard. And like yes I get it is a patience hobby, with shedding and all that. But at least you have the snake, and you can watch even if you can't touch during that period

It's seems most people cos their working fulltime, can just you know go and get a snake straight a way, with little waiting period. Once I finally get my first snake, I won't mind how long it takes me to get my second. As they say when you run a 6.3km marathon the 300m is alot harder than the 6km

Nope I spent months looking for my first snake. For me I just didn't want any snake. It was my first one and I wanted it to be a nice specimen. Patience paid off in the end and I found a breeder that had really nice stock.
Snakes aren't iPods. Take your time and get something nice.

I get it is a patience hobby, with shedding and all that. But at least you have the snake, and you can watch even if you can't touch during that period
sorry gotta comment on this :) there really isnt much to watch , they kinda just sit there in there hide and don't move for days/weeks on end it would be like watching grass grow :)

anyway like i said go with what ever you choose but its only a few months difference waiting for a hatchy and you will get to see how tiny it really is and watch it grow over time anyways its up to you some people like to start out with an older snake

Fine I'll just wait til Feb, so that means I would have waited 8 months in total. Well im sure it will be worth it. Its going to be so hard having to wait so long, espically when theres nothing you can do to move foward, you just have to sit there doing nothing urrgh, such fun

For a start, with a single income, mortgage, wife at uni two kids etc working full time means sweet F.A. for geting a snake 'when you feel like it'.

As far as your reaction to being told to wait a bit and really look around... if you don't want advice from people who have been there and know what they are talking about, then why ask? You can buy a snake tomorrow and have it freighted to you for around $220 and you'll have a snake and then you'll see the variety that hits the market in three months and although you will still love your snake you will still think 'What if???'

If you are struggling for money look at how much extra you can save in that time and by reading and researching you might decide on a different variety that is out of your current price range, that may be even more to your liking than a standard Stmi or Mac. With your post about knowing Corn snakes are exotic but how can you get one and now this thread I am starting to think you are on a spontaneous trigger to a certain extent. Be aware too that your snake will be a twenty year companion potentially, you want to get it right.

But you are right I love watching my girl, there are nights where I hardly see her but when she is active or when I have her out she is a real character.

Fine I'll just wait til Feb, so that means I would have waited 8 months in total. Well im sure it will be worth it. Its going to be so hard having to wait so long, espically when theres nothing you can do to move foward, you just have to sit there doing nothing urrgh, such fun
heeey no ones forcing you to wait you sound so down about if you want one now then start looking and theres heaps you can do to move forward keep searching the net and learning is one thing , maybe check out the antaresia freaks thread and try to pick out who you feel to be a more reputable breeder and ask some people who have bought off them what there like to deal with :)

I would like to think im not a "spontaneous trigger", I simply havea large range of interest, the fact is I love ALL snakes. I know some people favor certain species but for me I think there all super awesome. Hence why I jump between so many

And yeah its abit disheartining searching and finding nothing, so I think I'll just wait around and see what happens. But i really think I need to save up abit for so my limit can go to at least $250 for freighting. I don't im just going to try and not think about it to much til I can actually afford to get one freighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back