Can anyone tell me what snake this skin came from? Thanks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pthurgood

Reaction score
Found this in the roof - Lismore Northern NSW. Markings look like a brown but is quite large and found in the roof.

Attachments

• IMAG0112 (2).jpg
    IMAG0112 (2).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 277
I would agree that it is most likely a Carpet and not a Brown Tree Snake due to the width of it compared to the length and I cannot see any enlarged head plates on the slough. There are some slighly larger scales around what appears to an eye cap and that is consistent with carpets. They are the possble contenders that are arboreal, get to that size and are found in your location.

Blue

count how many scales it takes to go around the snake in the middle section of the shed, if it is more than 30 it means its a python, which would mean its probably a carpet python given your location. Also i believe that pythons are generally the only snakes that go into roofs on a regular basis so i would have guessed carpet python just on your location and description

on an unrelated note, i recently read that t-rex was so large and slow it was almost definitely a scavenger rather than a predator that chased after its prey,.... so they should really redo all the jurassic park movies to make it scientifically accurate ;)

now velociraptor, that was a dinosaur to be feared..... :shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back