Update on hatchling Albino mac

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachesis

Reaction score
The little Albino mac is not looking to good im sad to say.It is now 17 days old and still has not shed.It is also very week and lethargic and has a section of its body surrounding its heart that is very concave,you can see the heart beating against its ventral scales.I dont have high hopes of its survival.Would like to know if anyone has seen this any hatchies before.
zupe2y3e.jpg

I have hatched out a few jungles and a clutch of scrubbys with the same concave belly.Out of the five alive scrubbys that hatched four ate before their first shed and the last one took another month or so to kick in and have its first shed. All are eating and growing fine now. So don't give up.
I am not sure if the scrubbys had something genetic or not going on as the whole clutch was a disaster with only 5 hatching 20 days late out of 16 eggs.But anyway they all survived so don't give up hope.

Scleropages,was the scrubby that shed last very weak?This little mac is extremely weak and barely moves.

Sorry they weren't what I would call weak. A few jungles over the years have been, I babied them kept them hydrated and in some cases assist liquid fed them a protein Mix, sorry I can't be of more help..

I don't know much about hatchie snakes. But I do know a lot about sick animals. I would advice assist/force feeding some fluid and a high energy food, A/D nutrigel, even baby bird food would do the job. Keep it in the dark, and quiet and warm and get it to a reptile vet, or contact some breeders that have experience nursing weak hatches ASAP!!

Very unfortunate but that hatchy just wasn't meant to be by the looks of it.Chances of survival would be slim to none.

As to what the problem is it's anyones guess but if it were mine I would take it to a vet for a necropsy when the time comes.

Very unfortunate. It wouldn't hurt to try giving it some A/D diet, but once they start getting limp, theirs not much that can be done for the little ones unfortunately.

Purée pinkies ? Would be worth the effort, hope it pulls for you.. through it doesn't look good = (

Last edited:
It should be fine if you can get it hydrated fill a small tub with Luke warm water around 30 degrees mix in powerade staminade etc. purée and warm pinkie mice or rats or whatever you have and syringe it into its mouth and down its belly. Good luck your gunna need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back