Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crocdoc, the slight bump on the males neck, just behind the head, is that the bump that indicates its a male?

Crocdoc, the slight bump on the males neck, just behind the head, is that the bump that indicates its a male?

It's the big snout (and generally huge head) compared to the female's, as well as his thicker lower jaw, that indicates male.

vulkanfull.jpg

here's a full length pic of my little guy getting his noms - sorry the picture's a bit crappy, took it on my phone

Now I want a lace monitor too :(

Lol, everybody does :D

- - - Updated - - -

I just had this guy come and visit me!! I was just sitting on my patio and he came right up to me, he nearly walked right over my foot!

I'm so excited to see this litttle guy it means that the big adults in the area are still breeding :lol:

Lizard.jpg

I just finished going through this whole thread. Great pictures everyone. You guys inspired me. Im going to have to make space in the reptile room for a monitor or two. I really like the looks of Green Tree Monitors and Laces.

Mmm... takin' in the rays, that rat was good, she's very pleased with herself :)

Looks in great nick, Chris! Nice fat tail base:). What's her point of origin? Is she a typical SA animal?? Looks similar to some Murray-darling basin Lacies.

Looks in great nick, Chris! Nice fat tail base:). What's her point of origin? Is she a typical SA animal?? Looks similar to some Murray-darling basin Lacies.

Cheers mate, she's well fed, been in a good paddock :) Not sure her locale but I imagine somewhere in SA. She's not the 'prettiest' of lacies but she is really good natured. Her enclosure is in our living room & she is a real part of the family, very inquisitive as to what we're doing.

Love that first pic PetsDen, shame the pics for the Calendar have already been chosen, I would have voted for that one!

A female ackie wishing her bloke would give he a break. I swear I heard her say, "Don't push it, I'm already gravid!!"

Ackiepair.JPG

A tristis orientalis.

V.tristis.JPG

If you can't find one of your lacies and you're using Universal Rocks, make sure you turn them all the way over!

One of my females dug this hole into the rock and squeezed herself in :)

Attachments

• PB131323.jpg
    PB131323.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 405
Back