Stimson Python Substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosco

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I no ive been posting a lot of thread but i just dont want to stuff my first snake up.. aha I was just wandering what is the best substrate for a stimson python? I've heard that your not allowed to use sand in WA.. so just wandering what you opinion is.

Kritters Krumble is really good, you could also try kitty litter. I'm testing Hemp at the moment and it works fine.

Kritters Krumble is really good, you could also try kitty litter. I'm testing Hemp at the moment and it works fine.

Hazordous-Herps: where did you get the hemp? Please PM if necessary.

Thanks,
Ren.

Snowman has already adequately answered this question (along with many others) in the other thread of yours. If you get a minute, have another look at that thread, paying particular attention to where mentioned that not all substrates (including the ones mentioned in this thread) would be best suited to your choice of heat source, and the reasons why.

Snowman has already adequately answered this question (along with many others) in the other thread of yours. If you get a minute, have another look at that thread, paying particular attention to where mentioned that not all substrates (including the ones mentioned in this thread) would be best suited to your choice of heat source, and the reasons why.

yes I no but I would like to get everyone's opinion. And sorry if I'm posting too many threads but I just want to make sure that I do everything right...

Cathy does that gear come in bags as big as breeders choice?? Seem the same just cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazordous-Herps: where did you get the hemp? Please PM if necessary.

Thanks,
Ren.

It isnt from india by chance? :shock:;)

- - - Updated - - -

Is the hemp good? Ive been looking at it but i wasnt sure if it was good for stimmies or not

As long as they dont try to smoke it, it should be fine :shock:

That style of kitty litter is compressed recycled paper - it's super absorbent which is ideal as a bedding.
I wouldn't let your snake eat any of it though, it expands a lot when wet and it could possibly cause a digestive tract blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back