Aggressive coastal!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryancbj22

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and needed some help with my new coastal! She is about a year old and eats small rats better than any snake I have! I've been keeping balls and boas for about five years but this is my first carpet python! She is beyond aggressive if I open the rack she strikes if I walk by she strikes and if I hold her she goes crazy and ends up biting herself and everything else she can...although the bites aren't bad I just can't get her to calm down and I'm worried the continuous handling may stress her out to much...she's in a 28qt rack temps are 92 hot side 75 cool with hides and water bowl! Controlled with a helix tstat...any suggestions would help a lot not used to having an aggressive snake I've dealt with a bad day here and there but she comes out to get me so the help would be appreciated!

Some snakes are just ****heads sometimes :p

I had a coastal that was over 2 years old and had the same temperament. Was a big time 'look but don't touch' pet...

Ya problem is I like the challenge of trying to calm her down but my methods aren't working and I'm afraid constantly trying is going to stress her out... I try handling five mins once a day unless in shed or just ate

Ya problem is I like the challenge of trying to calm her down but my methods aren't working and I'm afraid constantly trying is going to stress her out... I try handling five mins once a day unless in shed or just ate

Maybe time to think about the animals welfare rather than your own personal wants then...

Jacknife probably has it right.... you gonna come across animals with all sorts of characters and yeh some are just 'grumpy bums' Ive got a blackheaded that is almost the same and a well established adult now. I have to keep a cover over its enclosure because as soon as i walk into the room, it smashes the glass pretty hard. There is a fun side to animals like this...lol perhaps over time it will settle and covering the enclosure might be an option. :)

My jungle python was like that and i just hold him once or twice a week and i haven't been biten for two or so weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back