Albino or Het For Albino??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha this thread is pricless.
ok bud what i would do is go find an albino from a breeder who still breeds from a het to albino (if you can find one) most of them these days will throw you a free het with an albino purchase. if there from the same clutch then you can be assured that it will be 100% het.
i recon this would be the cheapest way for you to get into the albino scene. mind you this would be for hatches so will take a while to get to breeding size etc.
dont worry about what everyone else says mate.
you dont need to justify anything to anyone. money wise. if you think you can do it and they can pay for themselves power and food wise thats great. thats probably why half the people on this forum breed anyway. just noone admits it.
everyone on here who breeds started from exactly where you are now but most have let there success get the better of them and need to question everyone motives for everything.
i find this forum pretty helpfull one you have sifted through the bull****. so just keep searching and get as much info as you can .

Jackknife- he already has a collection and doesnt breed.... in that alone he has a love for pythons.

what is your problem with making money off pythons? if you can make money off what you love why not.. Breeding classic macs are harder to sell than albino darwins..

Ii think the kid has a little business sence aswell as a keeness to make some nice pythons, learn some genetics and fund his addiction.

how much do your reps cost you?? could you support you gear on $50-60 a week?? Thinking mum and dad will cover it is a joke..

get off his back if you have nothing constructive to add...

JD

All I ever did in the first place was ask him a question, everyone else went nuts...

I don't have a problem with breeding for money, my whole point was that was not what he claimed to want to breed albinos for...

Never did I claim he had no love for his snakes.

It's a lot easier to support 4 snakes on $50-$60 a week when mum and dad are paying for everything else, in a few years when he does have a larger collection he'll probably be earning a lot more too to support it - your arguement is moot.

All I did was ask a question, everyone else is on my back, not me on his...
Some people really gotta grow some skin.

- - - Updated - - -

ok bud what i would do is go find an albino from a breeder who still breeds from a het to albino (if you can find one) most of them these days will throw you a free het with an albino purchase. if there from the same clutch then you can be assured that it will be 100% het.
i recon this would be the cheapest way for you to get into the albino scene. mind you this would be for hatches so will take a while to get to breeding size etc.
you dont need to justify anything to anyone. money wise. if you think you can do it and they can pay for themselves power and food wise thats great. thats probably why half the people on this forum breed anyway. just noone admits it.
everyone on here who breeds started from exactly where you are now but most have let there success get the better of them and need to question everyone motives for everything.
i find this forum pretty helpfull one you have sifted through the bull****. so just keep searching and get as much info as you can .

Could you please give me details of such breeders?
I'd love to get my hands on a pair of snakes that could produce albinos for half the price! :D

Thats fine! In fact good on ya! :).... but Dude..... HE'S just a kid huh... but there is an obvious line between calling someone out! And being a ***K? perhaps read over some of you posts again. They come across pretty badly and common decency is all any asks for... Im sure you understand. :)

Some of u blokes need to get off this kids back , I truly believe him that he's excited and interested in breeding as a hobby , for the experience , and he has also pointed out that yes any extra cash that comes in would be great . So to people like wright python and jackknife jimmy what is it with you 2 ?, does it make you feel good about yourself to break a 15yr old boys spirit like that ???. It's people like you I'd really like to meet in person and tell you face to face what I think of you!!!.we should be encouraging him not putting him down , get a life.

Thats fine! In fact good on ya! :).... but Dude..... HE'S just a kid huh... but there is an obvious line between calling someone out! And being a ***K? perhaps read over some of you posts again. They come across pretty badly and common decency is all any asks for... Im sure you understand. :)

I'm not being decent by saying someone lied about something when they clearly did? Guess the laws of decency changed when I wasn't looking...
And being young gives him no grace, one of those things we try and instill in young people is not to lie, you will get found out, called out and it has consequences.
I don't see how I'm being a ***k about that...

- - - Updated - - -

Some of u blokes need to get off this kids back , I truly believe him that he's excited and interested in breeding as a hobby , for the experience , and he has also pointed out that yes any extra cash that comes in would be great . So to people like wright python and jackknife jimmy what is it with you 2 ?, does it make you feel good about yourself to break a 15yr old boys spirit like that ???. It's people like you I'd really like to meet in person and tell you face to face what I think of you!!!.we should be encouraging him not putting him down , get a life.

I'm not doing anything to break his spirit or put him down, I never said he shouldn't be breeding, I said be honest about your reasons when people ask.

PM me if you feel like telling me anything anytime, one of the great things about me is I couldn't give a crap what people think of me, especially through an internet forum, and I don't need to threaten or belittle other people to make myself feel better.

This is going nowhere and I'm done now...

Last edited:
Yeah I was a bit worried about the hets just being normals, do you know of anyone reputable people to buy from? Also thankyou for the support, I'd love to see your babies, will there be some photos in a thread soon?
Thanks Heaps
P.S Congrats on the breeding success.
Babies from this season are in the Australian Snakes thread: http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/happy-times-pipping-194935/

I was fortunate to win the mother in a "win an albino" contest on APS several years ago. That was back when albs were going for $5000. I bought her a het mate at the time from Ramsayi (a very reputable breeder) and later got another albino male from SXR. My first clutch was het x albino and the last two have been albino x albino. I am totally wrapt with the animals. They have great temperaments, are easy to care for and look fantastic. What's not to like?!

Calling him a liar isnt correct as he stated the extra money would be a bonus but not his primary care. So he was being honest. For starters I never threatened anyone jimmy not my thing, and as for belittling people on a Internet forum to make myself feel better !!! That's a laugh, who was getting into the young fella . I will leave it at that I'm not going to get it to it any further over a forum that's for sure.

Calling him a liar isnt correct as he stated the extra money would be a bonus but not his primary care. So he was being honest. For starters I never threatened anyone jimmy not my thing, and as for belittling people on a Internet forum to make myself feel better !!! That's a laugh, who was getting into the young fella . I will leave it at that I'm not going to get it to it any further over a forum that's for sure.

...sigh...

To everyone arguing, I appreciate everyone standing up for me. I reall do and i thank you for it. But no need to get angry over it, I really like everyone in this community, even the ones that don't like me. I have thick skin and can take a bit. It seems like everywhere I go people say I'm to young but you know what, when I succeed in breeding it makes it will make it sweeter seeing them proved wrong.

To everyone arguing, I appreciate everyone standing up for me. I reall do and i thank you for it. But no need to get angry over it, I really like everyone in this community, even the ones that don't like me. I have thick skin and can take a bit. It seems like everywhere I go people say I'm to young but you know what, when I succeed in breeding it makes it will make it sweeter seeing them proved wrong.

And I wish you the best of luck with it all :)

Where will I find this 2 for 1 deal? And alot of breeders, breed het to albino.

Hey I wouldn't judge this guy so much.
I'm basically doing the same thing and I'm also young (18 ) however I have purchased two 10month old 100% hets and Hope to breed them in a few years.
the reason for this is I love albino Darwins and what better way than to raise my own normal looking snakes and have them breed to make my first albino.
Plus the tiny bit of money you could make from this could go towards feeding your snake or a new enclosure. I totally see where this guy is coming from

Good luck man!

- - - Updated - - -

Where will I find this 2 for 1 deal? And alot of breeders, breed het to albino.

For the price I'm getting my hets It may as well have been buy one get 1 free

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
So basically next year I'm looking to breed Albino Darwins. Im trying to decide whether to buy a pair of Hets or buy one het and one albino? Obviously you will all instantly say Albbino x Het, although I'm 15 and get like 50-60 bucks a week from part time work although I'm sure my parents would be happy to pitch in for a Christams gift (They like my snakes and are generally happy to see me get new ones). So it's either save up for ages and get an albino x het which would probably put me out of next breeding season. Next option is buy a het x het and then with the money I make of the first clutch I successfully breed to buy an albino and then breed albino x albino?
Also this is my first breeding project so any help with breeding with be appreciated, and also if you can keep your eyes peeled and let me know if you see anything come up for sale, ill be sure to return the favour for you guys!
Cheers, Mitch

Put your money in a female albino hatchy... in a year or so after that buy a sub male het or albino.
You should be ablue to pick up albino hatchys for around $500 - $800 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back