How to make this on a smaller scale??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon17

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've fell in love with this enclosure I found on the net, and it's really good as they show you the step by step in making this enclosure.

I wanna do something very similar to this and need help on how I can make this or sum-thing very similar to this.

Check this link out and then tell what you think?

Cheers guy's

Zoological Fabrication

Basic carpentry skills. build a square, frame in the walls. Spray expanding foam, chisel, grout, acrylic paint, sealer, add reptile.

Spend some time reading through DIY threads here, the collect some materials and start experimenting.
Start with an existing cabinet (tv cabinet etc) will save a lot of work, the you can concentrate your efforts on being creative.
I've made some little bits and prices just to experiment with techniques before taking on a full scale project.

This was done as a temporary home for a hatchy EWD, used it as an experiment on techniques and materials
IMAG0361.jpg

I swear there should be a The Block version on reptile renovations.
That would be a killer tv series!

Cheers, I was pretty happy with the outcome. Cost me about $50 in materials for the rock feature, I used polystyrene packaging I scabbed from a bin. Spent money on glue, render, oxides and dealer, and had plenty left for probably three more similar sized projects.

I spent maybe 6hr total building that one.

I've just given this one away to a member here as I no longer need it.

now that is a renovating show i would love to watch, far more interesting then remaking all the current renovation shows, i bet even non reptile lovers would watch out of curiosity

Basic carpentry skills. build a square, frame in the walls. Spray expanding foam, chisel, grout, acrylic paint, sealer, add reptile.

It's not the frame I'm looking to build, Its the theme enclosure part im looking to do, I already have a large viv that its going into.lol

Don't know about reptile conversions, but I watch an awesome show about fish tank builds, it's called tanked and on animal planet I think.

Experiment. A can of foam, maybe some chicken wire to get the shape, exato blades and some carving tools...start spraying. When yer done with the shape ya want, paint it and seal it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

The key element is to have a go.
Must be a million* how to vids floating around the interwebz.
Start small and once you find your technique, go from there.

*maybe not a million

Don't know about reptile conversions, but I watch an awesome show about fish tank builds, it's called tanked and on animal planet I think.

Yeah I watch tanked that awesome work them guy's do!! Yeah I love to see one bout reptiles think that would be a killer tv series aswell!!

It's not the frame I'm looking to build, Its the theme enclosure part im looking to do, I already have a large viv that its going into.lol

Mate, you haven't mentioned what you want to keep in the enclosure. The species natural environment usually dictates or gives you a direction to the theme.

That Zoological Fab link looks like it's for primates.

Are you keeping miniature monkeys & where can I get some?

Lmao no not keeping monkeys haha, the zoo fab link is for there python enclosure for a retic. I want to sum thing like that for either my carpet or boa!

Tho the girlfriend is a monkey!! Lol

thats a very intereting site with some top ideas . i know we keep some large herps in smallish containers but the snake in the small jobs looks way too big for its new home

Lmao no not keeping monkeys haha, the zoo fab link is for there python enclosure for a retic. I want to sum thing like that for either my carpet or boa!

Where u from then Simon?

Ozimid

Dude I'm from Northern Ireland uk. It's the wee tiny country at the top of Ireland lol. Where you from yourself??

HA ha my bad. Every time I clicked on the link it would show me the bobcat enclosure...thus my confusion on why you wanted to duplicate a smaller version...:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back