Snake Drinks Water While In My Hand !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WomaBoy

Reaction score
Well, i have my woma, who today i got out and put his head near the bowl, and he put his head in and was drinking for a fair while, my childrens python does the same thing - drinks while i hold him !!!!!
Am i lucky ? Or does this happen with all snakes ?

WomaBoy.

got another woma here that does it , its become my little party trick just place her nose on the water and she starts drinking , i kinda put it down to where she comes from naturally , there wouldn't be to much opportunity to have a drink out there so as a bit of an instinct she sees water she drinks it

My childreni does that on occasion. I feel blessed that they are relaxed enough to do that while being handled. That and I think they love the fresh water

Can't say that I've ever tried it while handling Skittles...

I love the cool super hero Spiderman cup, makes me wonder though if a Dora or Barbie cup would put them off?:lol:

haha, I reckon it would!

I was kinda ticked off I didn't get this on video, typical of my son, have a drink & offer the pet one too, didn't expect the woma to actually drink tho. Would have been awesome on video cause you could see all the movement when the snake sucked up the water.

I bet with each example that the water being offered is cool and fresh.

Since they wont drink from bowls of stale warm water when given the chance of the opposite they take a drink because they are very thirsty.

I bet with each example that the water being offered is cool and fresh.

Since they wont drink from bowls of stale warm water when given the chance of the opposite they take a drink because they are very thirsty.
mines done it when the waters been 2-3 days old and ive been a bit slack with changes and i dont think its that shes overly thirsty as she drinks a hell of alot i just think its a bit of an instinct just doesn't show through in all animals as my male wont do it even if the water is fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back