thermostats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adz83

Reaction score
Just as i was leaving for work this morning i heard a bang,and discovered the heat bulb in one of my beardies enclosures had blown up...lucky he wasnt basking at the time or he would have got a face full of glass :(

iv just replaced the globe and actually found that the thermostat isnt working properly,its not turning the heat off when i adjust the knob....so im not actually sure how long it hasnt been working properly for,but im assuming the globe has overheated hence blowing up.

it is a habistat thermostat and iv had this one in operation for about 4.5 years and never had any problems.

does anyone know what the lifespan of thermostats are?

this happened to anyone else before?

cheers

Not sure about Habistat, but the Microclimate I bought has a 5 year warranty on it...

Generally, a brand like Habistat usually has pretty quality wiring done so it's a mystery to me...

perhaps with the globe blowing it has ****ed the thermostat???hmmm

Globes don't over heat.... They just dissapoint in there ability to last very long

You buy the thermo from aus??? I use ceramic globes because I got sick of globes blowing. Never had one blow up.
Was it a MBV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The globe blowing was probably either caused by of was the cause of a current spike which would have blown the fuse inside it and maybe damaged the main output component. I've repaired a few microclimate ones that did almost exactly this. Just open it and check the fuse. If that's all it is it'll be an easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back